#1 lanrat

lanrat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:50 AM

Hi, I added a VGA connector to my XBOX using THIS method and now I need a hacked BIOS to enable VGA. What one should I use? all I want is it to enable VGA but still have composite work as I will still be using it sometimes) and I would like it to be able to use larger HD's.

I have a softmodded version 1.0 XBOX. I modded it using the HD hotswap method. So I want a BIOS that will support VGA and will allow me to use larger HD's than the original.

Also I have read somewhere that you need to enable the HD settings in the M$ dash also, this presents a problem for me because I don't have it anymore. When I modded it I think it created a backup but its not readable. How should I fix this?

Thanks!

Edited by lanrat, 11 July 2007 - 06:52 AM.

#2 lanrat

lanrat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:03 PM

ok, i got the larger hd working, so all i need is a bios that supports vga and a way to get the m$ dash back or another way to enable the hd settings.

#3 FrostyTheSnowman

FrostyTheSnowman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:33 PM

Two things:

1. You need to change the mode for your cable. That tutorial is really old, but is still correct except for the mode jumpers. Right now you are in 1+3 mode (VGA) and you NEED to be in 2+3 mode (HDTV) for the new VGA methods to work.

2. I recommend that you completely rebuild your softmod using my softmod VGA solution, and don't use a VGA BIOS. (Frosty's Dual-Boot VGA Softmod v1.0 is the best solution at the moment for softmodders)

NOTE: Be sure you back up your hard drive before you install my VGA softmod, so that you don't loose your saves. Follow the instructions in my VGA softmod to install it. (you can find the link to the thread for my softmod in my signature)

NOTE 2: My VGA softmod does not require the HDTV resolutions to be enabled in the Microsoft Dashboard to work. (but you will need to turn them on if you want to use higher resolutions)

Edited by FrostyTheSnowman, 11 July 2007 - 08:36 PM.

#4 lanrat

lanrat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:32 AM

Thanks.

Im rather sure i got the modes right, i was also following this guide. http://www.command-t.../hd_av_pack.gif which says vga is 1 + 3. (its gona be real hard for me to rewire it, i built the vga connector into the xbox with a switch to set it to normal or vga. i had to do this because i didn't have an anip connector and because i solders the H-sync and V-sync directly from the mobo.) i want to be able to run it at higher resolutions so how shoul di go about changing the setting in the M$ dash? and after doing some reading (http://www.xbins.org/nfo.php?file=xboxnfo1590.nfo) wouldn't it be easyer to use a bios? i want to have xbmc be the only/main dash.

#5 FrostyTheSnowman

FrostyTheSnowman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:35 PM

That's just it... mode 1+3 (VGA) is the OLD method of doing this mod, mode 1+3 is not compatible with any current VGA mods. You need to change your mode, or your VGA will not work.

You need to change it to 2+3 (HDTV) in order to use a VGA BIOS.

After you do that, you can either try a BFM VGA BIOS to test your VGA without flashing, or you can patch your current BIOS and reflash your chip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users