• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mainlane

mainlane

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:56 AM

Ive done about 5 of these now using the ndure softmod guide and I havent had a problem until now...

First I received an error msg during the procedure that the harddrive was full - but it still finished.

Now every time I turn it on it asks to have the time/date set...but doing a controller reset takes me to the unleashX dashboard and it plays burnt dvd games...

The worst part is that its my friends xbox and I need to get it back to him.

Any suggestions?

TIA

#2 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:16 AM

push green to set it then IGR

#3 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:46 AM

Hi,

the problem with your friends xbox is probably the 1 farad capacitor that should keep the clock running when the power is removed. Are you also having the problem if you keep the power cord connected and just switch off the xbox?

That capacitor (I forgot it's number) is located on the motherboard under the dvd drive, very close to the front side of the xbox. If it is bad, it usually starts leaking. The stuff that comes out is a bit corrosive, so you can see that corrosion on the pcb board and the surrounding components.

RS Components is a postorder company that has replacement 1 farad 3.3 farad and 10 farad capacitors. with a working voltage of 2.5 V. If you replace the capacitor with a 10F one, your xbox clock might even survive a night without power connected.

I also noticed that the clock setting screen doesn't appear (I use NKPATCHER11_U04) if the CLOCK.XBE file is renamed in the E:\NKP11 folder.
However, I had once that the xbox refused to boot (black screen after the flubber annimation) when the file wasn't there. I am unsure if the 2 were related to each other, and I think it was still using the NKPATCHER10 at that moment.

I think xman954 can answer some of these questions.

I have my unleashx dashboard sync the clock with a Timeserver over the network. So, the correct clock settings are not important at startup. Is it safe to rename the clock.xbe?

regards.

#4 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:27 PM

rename/delete xboxdash.xbe from the shadowc. Its under C drive while you are in unleashx and the LED is orange.

#5 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:55 PM

I also noticed that the clock setting screen doesn't appear (I use NKPATCHER11_U04) if the CLOCK.XBE file is renamed in the E:\NKP11 folder.
by default in U04 the clock check is bypassed unless you use clock.xbe
I have my unleashx dashboard sync the clock with a Timeserver over the network. So, the correct clock settings are not important at startup. Is it safe to rename the clock.xbe?
the readme states
"if you want the clock check put a copy of the orignal xboxdash.xbe in E:\NKP11 as clock.xbe"
but you must have all the MS dash support files in the C:\ (the C:\ that is used when running NKP, in a normal setup it would be the shadowC)
if not don't use clock.xbe (delete or rename)

if you use the correct ernie.xtf for that version of NKP it will set the clock 15 sec before the check time
so if there is a problem then just rebooting (15 sec later) it will now pass the check

most problems are due to the user not knowing how to set the clock in the MS dash
once you set it you must press green for it to actualy set
the others are missing/corrupted MS dash support files

if the super cap is bad then every time you unplug it the RTC will get corrupted

if using U02 or U03 you can use the runtime config file to disable it

Edited by xman954, 12 July 2007 - 05:02 PM.

#6 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:18 AM

Hi,

thank you xman954 for clearing things up.

One final question.

I read in some articles that (with a modchip) you can only use Harddisks bigger than 500GB with special biosses. You need to format the partitions bigger than 250GB with xbpartitioner which uses 32KB clusters instead of the usual 16KB ones.

So, the question is: When NKPATCHER11_U04 patches a bios, will it work with large partitions that are formatted with 32KB clusters?

regards.

#7 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE(obcd @ Jul 13 2007, 04:54 AM) View Post

One final question.

I read in some articles that (with a modchip) you can only use Harddisks bigger than 500GB with special biosses. You need to format the partitions bigger than 250GB with xbpartitioner which uses 32KB clusters instead of the usual 16KB ones.

So, the question is: When NKPATCHER11_U04 patches a bios, will it work with large partitions that are formatted with 32KB clusters?

regards.
not sure why but
the largest HDD i could get to work was 500gig and hade to be set to
F:\ 16K clusters 123gig and G:\ 32K at 345gig (it's full and OK)

F:\ only 32k failed at 300gig (500gig HDD)
it seems like F:\ will only support 16 K at 123gig and G:\ will support 32k up to 512gig
as i did try a 750gig with the F:\ at 32k, it got corrupted

#8 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:44 AM

Hi,

thanks again.

I will stick to those limits.