X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:playing games that dont suck
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:00 AM

the text on the blades when set to 16x9 weather it be 480p 16x9 or 720p/1080i (but not on NTSC 16x9) the text is wrong looking it looks like it is screeched to fit but only on the blades like the system media games and xbmc live

they all dont fit right the text is comming in contact with the colored frame that holds it

also if I use a composite AV cable and then go back to component it stays on NTSC but before it would go to 720p like I have it set and NTSC for the composite only

also there is no text in the XBMC credits it is there it is just way small like looks like small white lines on the screen

anyone know whats up?

Edited by leftkidney, 12 July 2007 - 07:06 AM.

#2 jmarshall

jmarshall

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:27 AM

Yeah, known issue.

I'm working on it. The problem is that the pixel ratio of the source (PAL16x9) is so far away from square, and when you rotate by 90 degrees you invert it, so these have a very large difference.

#3 jmarshall

jmarshall

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:27 PM

fixed in revision 9555.

Note that some views may still not work exactly the same as they used to (particularly the SD 16x9 resolutions) but this is due to the fact that the rotations weren't aspect ratio preserving since they were first implemented, and thus there was a workaround added to Mc360 for this.

Removing the <aspect>1.5</aspect> from the BladeFont in Font.xml under the appropriate directories (PAL16x9, NTSC16x9) will do the trick.

Cheers,
Jonathan

#4 leftkidney

leftkidney

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:playing games that dont suck
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:14 AM

thanks for the quick response I haven't tried it yet but is the Credits fixed as well? not a big deal I am not in there or anything and most people who use this know about them but I thought you might want to know

oh and thanks for moving it I think to the correct section in the forums for bug reporting I will look here from now on before I post I didnt see this section before

Edited by leftkidney, 13 July 2007 - 07:16 AM.

#5 navanman

navanman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:20 AM

The issue with text sizing on the blades is still present with the lastest 16th July 9578 XBMC and latest SVN download of MC360 which had fix for it.
I'm using PAL 16x9 mode and the blade text looks too big and breaks into the next blade.

PAL4x3
IPB Image
PAL16x9
IPB Image

#6 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:51 AM

navanman update mc360 again fromt he svn should fix it

#7 navanman

navanman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 17 July 2007 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Jul 17 2007, 12:27 PM) View Post

navanman update mc360 again fromt he svn should fix it

Thanks for the reply.
I updated from the SVN again but the issue remains. I looked at the font.xml and noticed the changes to Bladefont tahoma and arial sizing but none to default.
If I change MC360 skin font to tahoma and arial the text on the blades look perfect but switching back to default the text is too big and stretched.

There is no entry in PAL16x9 font.xml to change default bladefont size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users