• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mrheath

mrheath

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:26 PM

any cd/dvd like slayers installer that lets you install xbmc without editing any files as ive tried it twice and both times the box sticks at the xbox loading screen

#2 Mad_Eyes

Mad_Eyes

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE(mrheath @ Jul 12 2007, 01:02 PM) View Post

any cd/dvd like slayers installer that lets you install xbmc without editing any files as ive tried it twice and both times the box sticks at the xbox loading screen

AID

Might wanna try Frosty's

#3 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:56 PM

Any xbmc build will work right after you upload it to the xbox's e:\apps\xbmc\ directory.. Your problem sounds as if you're goofing trying to set it up as a dash.. Did you read about xbmc's loader xbe, put that in place where your dash is, and upload xbmc to the proper location for the loader?

#4 mrheath

mrheath

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:56 AM

ive tried changing the evoxdash.xbe and cfg files but they stop the box loading. ive got my filesharing and everything working, i just want to be able to boot straight into xmbc

#5 boob1966

boob1966

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:26 AM

google and yahoo are you friends
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.php?title=Install_XBMC

#6 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:42 PM

I'll reiterate.. If you set it up correctly then it will boot as a dash.. If you goof then it will hang the xbox..
Where did you upload xbmc? Are the files/folders uploaded to e:\apps\xbmc\ in such a way that you have a 7-8MB or so file called e:\aps\xbmc\default xbe? For the loader to work it has to be exactly at that path/filename.. Then, in the xbmc rar file there should be a smaller xbe (and a readme file of some sort), not nested as deep in the rar file as the main xbmc files, and the 7-8MB xbe I mentioned.. The smaller xbe is the loader.. It should be renamed to exactly what your current evox dash xbe is named.. When the xbox tries to boot this loader, the loader will launch the 7-8MB default.xbe in e:\apps\xbmc\.. The readme file outlines the things you need to do.. It 'will' work if done right..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users