PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 05:14 AM

Joystiq hands-on: PlayStation Home
Posted by XanTium | 14-7-2007 0:14 EST

From joystiq.com:

From a technological standpoint, PlayStation 3's social MMO Home will differentiate the console from its competitors, but it's not a system seller. Nothing against the title, but its primary purpose is only to supplement and show off the hardware itself. We had a chance to run through the (here rather empty) areas of the game and try out what each offers.

What's missing from our impressions is interaction with other people, which is key to Home's success. From a technological standpoint it looks good, but we're going to have to reserve final judgment until we see what the community can do. Home is still planned for a launch later this year.

Full Story: joystiq.com

#2 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:08 PM

It looks awesome, but the main question is, how much bandwidth does it take? Since I get a 20GB month cap on this 8MB connection. ADSL sucks hehe.

Voice communication in this will be awesome though if you are with your friends. Xbox/PS3-Scene could have a virtual party biggrin.gif.

#3 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:04 PM

seems a little like "the sims" but cool none-the-less. Should be interesting if they can pull it off right.

need's achievements though laugh.gif

#4 rooter75

rooter75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:08 PM

I have to admit I was looking forward to seeing what sony did with home, but the more I see of it the more bored I get. I mean I just can't see myself playing the sims as an interface for my online activity. Too convoluted and bogged down. The E3 demo cracked me up Jack trenton having a 2 man bar-b-q was hilarious. don't get me wrong it is cool to send a phone pic to my apartment in home but what does that add to my gaming experience just wasted time in my digital apartment. staring at pictures i took from my cell phone seems kind of stupid to me, but that is one dude's opinion only.

Edited by rooter75, 18 July 2007 - 10:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users