• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 14 July 2007 - 05:10 AM

Hello,

Here is my system:

XBMC rev9530 (latest)
WRT54GS with DD-WRT v23 SP2

I am able to get an internet connection on the XBOX and browse arenas and see the chat in Xlink kai, everything seems to be working, but when I click on "play" and then navigate to "system link" I dont see any games to join.

Do the games need to patched?
I have deleted some useless files in the game folders to save space. Should I have not done this?

Its been a while since I've been active in the scene. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Is there something I need to do that Im not aware of?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by ReVaL, 14 July 2007 - 05:22 AM.

#2 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 July 2007 - 05:32 PM

start by not using XBMC to control kai until you know for sure the PC version works ..

are you running any firewalls ? .. anything wireless ?

no the games don't need to be patched and deleting the files has nothing to do with it..

do this ..

-load halo2 on your xbox and go to system link
-open kai on your PC , click the globe at the top left.
-join a halo2 arena
-play

#3 ReVaL

ReVaL

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:55 PM

Im able to get it working through my PowerBook, but the WRT54GS fails to see games once I click on System Link. I've followed all instructions very carefully for the DD-WRT v23 SP2. Makes so sense. I guess I'll just use it through the coomputer.

#4 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:15 AM

ah your using kaid .. does v23 require the mac address to be entered anywhere ? .. i haven't tried it on my router in awhile ..

#5 ReVaL

ReVaL

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE(c-2 @ Jul 15 2007, 05:51 AM) View Post

ah your using kaid .. does v23 require the mac address to be entered anywhere ? .. i haven't tried it on my router in awhile ..

Yes, you have to enter the MAC address of the console. There is a whole setup guide at the DD-WRT site wiki.

Also, one guy on Xlink said that once you are in an arena, you gotta go and manually launch the game, meaning you have to go to "My Programs" or navigate to the default.xbe and launch it. Then it should work. Havent tried it yet.

#6 ReVaL

ReVaL

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:31 AM

Ok tried manually launching with moth PM III and MC360. No go. Had ports forwarded to the DD-WRT v23 SP2 router. Nothing helps. Has anyone actually gotten this kind of setup working? Im beginning to loose hope here.

Here is my setup:
WRT54GS with DD-WRT v23 SP2
XBMC rev9530
MC360 rev818

forwarded port 30000 to the router

Im able to browse the arenas, and see chat, everythings seems to be working fine, but after i lauch the game and go into system link...nothing.

Hope someone out there can help.

#7 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:01 PM

but kai works fine if you use the engine on your PC ? .. what about loading the PC UI so that it attaches to the router engine .. how did you enter the console mac addy into kaid , with spaces or colons ? ..

yes this works , i use XBMC attached to the engine on my PC all the time , i don't use kaid on my router anymore but i have and it works ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users