• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 capboy210

capboy210

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modification, computers, games, live, friends, girls, eating pasta.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:24 PM

Ok well I was planning on bringing my xbox outside. It's not the black one so it wont soak up the heat as much. It's going to be my halo 2 le system. However I think i may stick a white basket or somthing over the system so the system is not subjected to direct sunlight and the color wont fade. Will my xbox work outside in the low 90's? I have arctic silver 5 on CPU and GPU and passive heatsink and will have the fan going at 100%. Remeber the xbox will be in the shade or somthing.

And as far as the 360 i would think it would just die. Correct me if im wrong..

#2 Thanos2099

Thanos2099

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:05 PM

If you put a basket over it, then it might overheat because of no ventilation. You might try a small portable fan and have it blow air into the intake vents on the side to increase air flow to keep it cool.

#3 capboy210

capboy210

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modification, computers, games, live, friends, girls, eating pasta.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:54 PM

Sorry I should have been more detailed. The basket i may use is solid white plastic on the top and has thin plastic mesh stuff on the sides providing no air restriction. I'm just worried that the xbox will overheat do to it being over 90 degrees outside. I suppose the only way is to go out and play.

Let me know if anyone else has done a similar event or knows that it will overheat the xbox.

and also i know the stock bios will automaticly shut down the xbox if it gets to hot. Is it safe to assume a modified bios like the X3 will shut down the xbox if it gets to hot?

Edited by capboy210, 14 July 2007 - 11:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users