Jump to content


Photo

Mameox128 Please Help Very Frustrated


  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xflbret

xflbret

    X-S Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Location:Tucson, AZ
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:38 AM

I got the latest version of mameox128 plus from the annoying "usual place", but I can't seem to get it working at all. here's the screen that I get, and all I can get from here is the help screen. I do have roms in the roms folder, but I can't even figure out how to see if mame is configured to see its roms folder.

i know this works for so many others. please help

I have tried deleting it from my xbox, downloading a fresh version and extracting that and reuploading it to my xbox, but exactly the same thing.

(ps, I respectfully request that no one give me a dismissive scolding. I swear to you I searched the forums, and could find no mention of a similar problem)

Edited by xflbret, 15 July 2007 - 02:39 AM.


#2 hulk2

hulk2

    X-S Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:02 AM

do you try pressing start and go to scan roms?

#3 BonusJz

BonusJz

    X-S Senior Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:45 PM

Press the "start" to go to menu and then chose "scan for roms"
(also onthe emulator options you can input different paths for roms/screenshots/flayers...ets - press L or R trigger to change to other options screens)



#4 xflbret

xflbret

    X-S Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Location:Tucson, AZ
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:15 AM

I wasn't very clear because I was so frustrated, and the screenie I uploaded didn't make it.

But, in any event, I got it fixed. After a six hour break and three beers, I approached with a fresh perspective. I had deleted the mame gamesave and I assumed that was enough. Turned out I had to delete that crazy numbered file in the tdata folder, then reinstall it. That worked. Everything is as it should be now.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users