3 replies to this topic

#1 sanosuke

sanosuke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 03:28 AM

Greetings,
I've had an X-chip with the solderless adapter working in my 1.6 xbox for some time using the power from the USB programmer interface. When I first received my X-chip/solderless adapter I had the same problem as many with a lack of power to the chip. I found after many hours that the USB cable would give me power. I recently started having my xbox FRAG and decided it was time to fix the power problem once and for all. I soldered a power cable from the point on the X-box to the X-chips 5v. When I have the x-chip on the board the x-box frags but the red LED on the x-chip is lit indicating the power is there. When I remove the x-chip the box no longer FRAGS so I figured it has to be something to do with the X-chip. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction in regards to finding a next step, would really like to have my box back.

Thanks,
Sano

#2 pricemeista33

pricemeista33

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 July 2007 - 01:40 AM

You guys really need to read up right here on this page of links to find out answers that have been asked over and over. It's quite obvious that you did not even try to look for the answer by searching the forums utilizing the search feature. Do a little home work prior to asking for help "good grief":/

#3 sanosuke

sanosuke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 06:42 PM

thanks for the totally unhelpful reply. I in fact did use the search feature to try and figure out what the problem might be and could not find anything useful. This is why I decided to post and see if there was anyone who might be able to "point me in the right direction" which could involve telling me what post might help me fix my problem. If its so obvious where to find this post using the search feature why not tell me which post might help instead of being an ass and saying that I obviously didn't use the search feature.

sano

#4 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:28 PM

Wow... sorry I havn't been here in a while... If your going to post at least try to help a guy out.. It would be different if it was a question that's been asked a thousand times but damn... my theory with this guy is he just posts crap to get his post count up... please disregard

it sounds like your Operating software got corrupted... remove the chip... boot to safe mode and reflash your chip... then replace your chip and all should be good... I don't frequent the modchip area much anymore so if your looking for a little more help.. shoot me a PM... good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users