RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,785 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:12 PM

There's already plenty of similar pics floating around and where to get this voltage and that, some good, some not so good, and some that haven't been done before, so I did these up and tossed them together all in one place for anyone that needs/wants them. wink.gif

There are only a few Ground spots marked throughout (Black in the first pic, Blue after that), mainly for a quick spot to stick a meter or whatever, but if ya want a known ground source use the metal cage or spots under the power plug, as long as the motherboard is installed and screwed down the metal cage is ground. You can also use the shielding of any of the Main Connectors that are on the board, USB, Memory Card ports, any of them, they're all grounded and are very easy to solder to. Just be careful and don't have the heat on them too long because they're plastic inside.

This is under the Power Connector, you have access to the 12v right from the PSU (when it's on) as well as the 5v Standby voltage. The Standby voltage is always present, as long as the PSU is plugged into the 360 and a good outlet, it remains on even when the 360 is turned off. The 12v, and every 12v spot as well as other voltages, in the 360 are Switched, they turn on/off with the 360. If the 360 isn't on, there's no 12v anywhere, if there's no 12v there's no 5v, 3.3v 1.8v and whatever other voltages are in there I haven't traced out yet.

IPB Image

Here you can get to the 5v Standby (Red) from the top of the board, there are also a couple of 12v (Yellow) spots that are fairly easy to use as well. Remember Blue spots are Ground from here on.

IPB Image

Here is the older good 5v spot and is still a good place to get 5v from, but some may not like soldering onto that SMT Capacitor there. You can also use the small spot there at DB6G1. There is also a 12v spot there at the tab of the MOSFET Q6F1. Soldering onto a tab of one of these MOSFETs can be difficult if you don't have a Soldering Iron that can sustain the heat long enough to get the tab and large plane it's soldered to hot enough to flow new solder on and melt the old as well.

IPB Image

These are 5v spots that are under the board. They're right about the exact same spot as the 5v on the top ya just looked at, there is also a 12v spot here.

IPB Image

Here are some other 5v locations (The ones in Red) that are at the front left of the 360. The Violet spots are 3.3v for the DVD drive (Large Regulator in the middle U1F1). 3.3v for the Memory Cards (Small Regulator at the bottom U1F2) and the 3.3v Regulator at the top (U1E1) supplies voltage to a 1.8v Regulator that's under the board (U2T1) that powers the Southbridge. There's also a 12v spot there at the tab of Q3F1.

IPB Image

The row of MOSFETs on the right hand side of the 360 (The pic is turned) all have 12v on the tabs.

IPB Image

These are all Standby voltages, Red = 5v, Violet = 3.3v and the pink Grapefruit looking color is 1.8v, these voltages are always present as long as the 360 has power, doesn't matter if it's turned on or off. The 5v is the same as the 5v Standby that's the Power Connector. The 3.3v powers the RF board and I'm sure a few other places and the 1.8v goes mainly to the Southbridge, I haven't finished tracking down all the places they go to yet.

IPB Image

#2 javaTN

javaTN

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:15 PM

wow! thank you so much RDC!

this is really what kind of a power source post i was looking for... and you happened to make one just in time!

this really deserves to be pinned / bookmarked... i love it!

thanks!

-java

#3 MarutiDriver

MarutiDriver

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:29 PM

Nice, super detailed. I guess this should clear everyone's doubts about power sources inside the box.

#4 darkmike57

darkmike57

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:59 PM

Awesome. Finally a clear tut on ALL the voltage spots in a 360.

Thanks RDC!

#5 BVlaar

BVlaar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 July 2007 - 01:32 AM

Thank you so much RDC! This is a much better explination of the power sources on the 360!
Well done!

Thanks

#6 moofree

moofree

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:22 AM

Very nice looking.
If only I had a color printer....

#7 sicknasty413

sicknasty413

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Interests:Modding... video games... eating... sleeping... computers... and those things we call women.

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:58 AM

^lmfao

Very nice tutorial RDC. You make me proud happy.gif

#8 qweewqaz

qweewqaz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:xbox, world domination
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:40 AM

thanks for the awsome post tongue.gif

Edited by qweewqaz, 18 July 2007 - 10:40 AM.

#9 np_guard

np_guard

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:49 AM

Thanks. The 12v under the PSU worked great to power my 8 LEDs. smile.gif

#10 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:13 AM

This is much better than the other sources of power pictures. This one not only has more on there, but has close up pics of each section biggrin.gif

Thanks RDC biggrin.gif

#11 TPK22

TPK22

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Cars, Sound Systems in cars, Music, and the newest is case and controller modding

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:52 AM

thnx for this man and i have a quick question. you can connect a led to any of these spots right?

#12 box_69

box_69

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts
  • Interests:xbox and my truck
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:06 AM

as long as you have the proper resistors for your leds you can use any of the power spots

#13 TPK22

TPK22

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Cars, Sound Systems in cars, Music, and the newest is case and controller modding

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:13 AM

thanks box u helped alot with me understandin this stuff kinda confusing at first but im gettin it thanks again bro

#14 box_69

box_69

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts
  • Interests:xbox and my truck
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:17 AM

no problem smile.gif

and if you need a resistor calculator just google it and there should be plenty of them you just need to know your volts supplied the volts of your leds and the ma and the number of leds if they are soldered in parallel wink.gif

#15 TPK22

TPK22

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:25 AM

im actually using the sickmod one it seems to be the easist one to use is there a better one i should know of

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users