179 replies to this topic

#136 biscoito

biscoito

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:44 AM

I have a fan that works on 0.9 amps and it is not running at full power when I used the power from the pins behind the power supply, is there any way that I can get the 0.9 amps ? what is the maximum supported ?

#137 biscoito

biscoito

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:11 AM

never mind I was plugging the 5v instead of the 12v

#138 hyfall381

hyfall381

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:36 AM

Sorry if this has been asked or explained. I honestly didn't read all 10 pages of this thread. But I was wondering if it was safe to use power from the dvd power cord? If one were to tap into the sources shown in the pic below, would that affect anything as far as the drive performance goes?

IPB Image

I'm sure someone will ask about it getting you banned. I personally don't believe having LEDs or anything else in your box gets you banned. I know one of the theories was something about a voltage fluctuation being detected. I don't buy it.

Anyways, it seems like it might be easier for some people to wire into the dvd power cord. Plus... if you screw up, they are easy to find. I've got a few laying around my self.

I honestly don't know about this. What are your opinions?

#139 exxco

exxco

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:18 PM

This spots is in the same places on jasper's motherboards??

QUOTE(RDC @ Jul 17 2007, 06:12 PM) View Post

IPB Image

thx.

#140 Pablos Pie

Pablos Pie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:22 AM

Hi, I know I'm jumping into this thread a little late, but I was wondering if you guys could give me a hand with a problem I have. I recently bought some Talismoon fans and other things to light up my xbox 360 and when I was finished installing them I turned it on and they shorted out with a big bang (spark). I think one of the connections might have been loose and possibly touched the heating duct. Now when I run my xbox the fans don't turn on, but the xbox runs just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

#141 light-of-jesus

light-of-jesus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:47 PM

Hey RDC,

You might have answered this question already somewhere in this thread, but I only read through a few pages of posts and don't really feel like reading every single post to see if the question was even asked.

I noticed near the beginning of the thread that you stated not to use the 5v standby for LED's, LED boards, etc.. I also noticed that you said this is because the power there is always on. Is this the only reason for not using those points, or is there other reasons.

#142 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,790 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:59 PM

It's a 2A source and the 360 needs some of that, so just say you have 1/4 of it for powering whatever to be safe, until someone puts an Ammeter in there to see exactly. You could still drive around 20 LEDs or a fan from there if you want them to be on all the time, it's not going to hurt anything.

#143 sm32

sm32

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:14 PM

thanks for posting about the various power source options. opted for the 12v under the power connector and ran it top the top of the board through the closest screwhole. also i read every page and just wanted to say thanks for all of the extra support you're providing, RDC.

#144 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,790 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:20 PM

You're Welcome.

#145 light-of-jesus

light-of-jesus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 01:12 AM

Hopefully soon someone will post up some high res. pics and work with the new 360 slim motherboard so we can get spots for that too.

#146 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,790 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 01:59 AM

If someone would send someone one I'm sure that someone would get those hi-res pics for that someone posted up as well as any other someones that would want some. wink.gif

Edited by RDC, 17 July 2010 - 02:10 AM.

#147 light-of-jesus

light-of-jesus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE(RDC @ Jul 17 2010, 01:59 AM) View Post

If someone would send someone one I'm sure that someone would get those hi-res pics for that someone posted up as well as any other someones that would want some. wink.gif

LoL...I wish I had one. I just recently got a new elite a few months ago. So I think I will be holding off on getting the new slim for a while.

#148 jmwarrior

jmwarrior

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:12 AM

i was fooling around trying to attach a few blue leds using the piece labled Q9E3 as a power supply. the only sad.gif thing to happen was it sparked and then an instant RROD. fans wont even run. this is on the right side of theboard near the heat sink

what happened? can i fix it? any suggestions.

any ideas greatly appreaciated

#149 sequenze

sequenze

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE(jmwarrior @ Jan 11 2011, 06:12 AM) View Post

i was fooling around trying to attach a few blue leds using the piece labled Q9E3 as a power supply. the only sad.gif thing to happen was it sparked and then an instant RROD. fans wont even run. this is on the right side of theboard near the heat sink

what happened? can i fix it? any suggestions.

any ideas greatly appreaciated

same problem for me. I tried to connect small cooler to Q9E3 mosfet, all worked till i decided to flash my xbox, when i tried to open xbox case , the wire which was connected to one of mosfet leg, came off, so then I tried to glue it back, (xbox was ON) , but as soon as I touch Q9E3 leg, xbox turned to RROD 0001.

so any sugestions ? Im going to buy a multimeter tomorow , so how can I check mofets , condensators , and other parts , which can couse this rrod 0001 ?

#150 sequenze

sequenze

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE(sequenze @ Feb 19 2011, 10:04 PM) View Post

same problem for me. I tried to connect small cooler to Q9E3 mosfet, all worked till i decided to flash my xbox, when i tried to open xbox case , the wire which was connected to one of mosfet leg, came off, so then I tried to glue it back, (xbox was ON) , but as soon as I touch Q9E3 leg, xbox turned to RROD 0001.

so any sugestions ? Im going to buy a multimeter tomorow , so how can I check mofets , condensators , and other parts , which can couse this rrod 0001 ?

I just fixed my 0001. I cutted off legs from Q9E1 MOSFEt , and now it works fine.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users