• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#106 undergrounddlz

undergrounddlz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:12 PM

Awesome smile.gif deff gunna be adding more fans.

#107 richilg1

richilg1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:I play Halo
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:41 PM

quick question, will i have to worry about any of these sources getting me banned from xbx live? i heard that its possible that M$ can detect voltage irregularities in the disc drive and other places. sorry if i sound like a noob, i dont know too much about this stuff yet wink.gif. BTW especially source #Q3F1, 5th pic down yellow 12v source, thanks, and great tut

#108 dr_sb

dr_sb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:43 PM

hi guy's, maybe here i get some help, my xbox doesnt star anymore...just does nothing..my power supply works on a other xbox 360...its 203W Xenon board...build 2006...and had the zypher gpu cooler?..011 R REV A
ive hat 3.3 at the RF Module ife 3.3 and 5 at the J1D2 port, ive the correct 1.8V at the J5C1 jtag port, on U5B2 ive 5V and it gives out 1.8V,
but ive 0 at on J5C2...the problem is..in my board version..is R4C4 and R4C3 missing witch should supply there...but..even on the input of R4C3.ive nothing..this pin is comming out of the GPU..and i dont know..how to follow it.or how to control the standby voltage of the gpu...or is this the input line? can i power there in?...did a connection break at my board?

just found out that R4C7 is connected to 1.8V....but at my...it doesnt seem so..i measure 387ohm in that line..and when i plug it on..i loose everything on this line...

would you bridge it?

best regards...plz help as soon as possible...
ben

#109 NineLime

NineLime

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Interests:CoD4 360, Halo 3, Making game videos
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE(dr_sb @ Jan 6 2010, 05:43 PM) View Post

hi guy's, maybe here i get some help, my xbox doesnt star anymore...just does nothing..my power supply works on a other xbox 360...its 203W Xenon board...build 2006...and had the zypher gpu cooler?..011 R REV A
ive hat 3.3 at the RF Module ife 3.3 and 5 at the J1D2 port, ive the correct 1.8V at the J5C1 jtag port, on U5B2 ive 5V and it gives out 1.8V,
but ive 0 at on J5C2...the problem is..in my board version..is R4C4 and R4C3 missing witch should supply there...but..even on the input of R4C3.ive nothing..this pin is comming out of the GPU..and i dont know..how to follow it.or how to control the standby voltage of the gpu...or is this the input line? can i power there in?...did a connection break at my board?

just found out that R4C7 is connected to 1.8V....but at my...it doesnt seem so..i measure 387ohm in that line..and when i plug it on..i loose everything on this line...

would you bridge it?

best regards...plz help as soon as possible...
ben

I'm not much of a help for troubleshooting your specific problem, but if you short power to ground this happens, check if you have and metal or wire scraps bridging anything on the board, this would do it. Some guy had a usb port that had bent pins in it, and was shorting power to ground and causing the xbox to not turn on. I hope that helped good luck.

#110 dr_sb

dr_sb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:20 PM

Hi, well it dint help,
but ive found a shematic of the xbox mainboard...search with google xbox diagrama its a 67 pages pdf

i found a broken line...
i still cant power on ....
but if the board was unplugged some hours...it powers on...oly coz i plugged in the power supply..

and than i get rrod 0022 ohmy.gif

maybe one more time heatgun...

#111 drikou

drikou

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:13 PM

Hi,

I`m not really good at this so can someone explain in the matter they would explain a retarded kid where and how exactly I should wire my dual fans? My standard plug for them has blown and they only work on 12V now and it`s very noisy. It`s whispermax...

So I need a new standard 5V plug to power them in normal quiet mode...

Thank you very much!

#112 CoLD FiRE

CoLD FiRE

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:17 PM

My xbox won't turn on

Here is my story, a while ago I tried to do the internal hdd mod but I didn't succeed, I modified the dvd power connector to get 5v to power the hdd, when I tried to turn the xbox on after finishing the mod it didn't turn on. However, the fans seemed to be trying to spin.

After many tries, I removed all the wires related to the hdd mod, and still the same problem. I tried almost every solution for power problems out there but couldn't get any of them to solve my problem.

But now, with all the homebrew stuff getting released, I want to fix it since I'm sure this one is exploitable.

Details:
Xbox: Xenon
Power supply: orange when xbox is plugged, but starts to become unstable if I hit the power button.
Lights: none
AV: none
Fans: start to spin real slow when I hit the power button, don't stop spinning until the power cord is unplugged.

note: whatever method I use to turn it on (guide button, dvd eject..etc) I still get the same symptoms

#113 dr_sb

dr_sb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE(CoLD FiRE @ Jan 18 2010, 10:17 PM) View Post

My xbox won't turn on

Here is my story, a while ago I tried to do the internal hdd mod but I didn't succeed, I modified the dvd power connector to get 5v to power the hdd, when I tried to turn the xbox on after finishing the mod it didn't turn on. However, the fans seemed to be trying to spin.

After many tries, I removed all the wires related to the hdd mod, and still the same problem. I tried almost every solution for power problems out there but couldn't get any of them to solve my problem.

But now, with all the homebrew stuff getting released, I want to fix it since I'm sure this one is exploitable.

Details:
Xbox: Xenon
Power supply: orange when xbox is plugged, but starts to become unstable if I hit the power button.
Lights: none
AV: none
Fans: start to spin real slow when I hit the power button, don't stop spinning until the power cord is unplugged.

note: whatever method I use to turn it on (guide button, dvd eject..etc) I still get the same symptoms

i think you made somewhere a shortcut what shows the power supply after pressing the on power button?
search at google for xbox 360 diagrama its a shematic of the xenon board...controll specialy what you did with the dvd power..and look at you solder points..maybe some are bat...

best regards

#114 CoLD FiRE

CoLD FiRE

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE(dr_sb @ Jan 20 2010, 01:18 PM) View Post

i think you made somewhere a shortcut what shows the power supply after pressing the on power button?
search at google for xbox 360 diagrama its a shematic of the xenon board...controll specialy what you did with the dvd power..and look at you solder points..maybe some are bat...

best regards

after I press the power button it's still orange but becomes unstable (almost blinking)
I've downloaded this diagram before but I'm not that good when it comes to such things (electricity stuff) I'm still trying to figure out what the problem could be.

thanks for the help mate..

any more input is appreciated smile.gif

#115 Lonesloane

Lonesloane

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:00 PM

Hi!
I want to take the DVD drive out (no longer needed) and place a fan on the heatsink of the GPU.

Soldering would get me the current, but what about taking it from the cables of the original fans? Or would that draw too much current from the original fans?
I would take an 80mm fan with as little power as possible. If I connect this one, then it should be automatically sped up when the temperatures are rising just as the original fan.
Has someone tried this before?

#116 freshman26

freshman26

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 02:36 AM

hiya,

is it possible to make a backup from my 60gb hdd Jasper and put it on a 500gb and connect this with a enclosure to my jtagged zephyr?(xport360 will do?)
is it save to use the enclosure or do I also need to solder it to a 12v power source? just want to make sure before blowing anything up. it's a sata 500gb WD so the enclosure fits well, or is it better to use it as a usb and put my original 20gb in the enclosure?

Edited by freshman26, 03 February 2010 - 02:42 AM.

#117 jumojn

jumojn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:45 PM

hey. After i tryd to get 12 volt mod to my xbox i got insted rrod ( 0102) i tryd to solder the 12 volt mod to the mofset q3f1 . Do you think that's the problem for it to get rrod? If so are these mofset hard to replace?

#118 H4L0G33K

H4L0G33K

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:11 AM

Lets say I want to solder my LED's to the 5v Standby source here in this pic:
IPB Image

Will they be constantly powered on? I mean will they be powered on with the 360 off and on?

#119 TK-101

TK-101

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE(H4L0G33K @ Feb 18 2010, 09:11 AM) View Post

Lets say I want to solder my LED's to the 5v Standby source here in this pic:
IPB Image

Will they be constantly powered on? I mean will they be powered on with the 360 off and on?

Yep

#120 gotmelon

gotmelon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:32 AM

any one know if these power points are the same on the jasper, i'm wanting to add an external 120mm on my jtag jasper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users