• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aewysiwyg

aewysiwyg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:19 AM

So I'm trying to install this V3 smartXX on a 1.6 xbox, my first 1.6. Everything seems to be going great--I've got the smartXX remote flasher going, I got the 1.6 m8 loaded on bank2 (don't ask me why bank 2, that's just the way it happened). I put avalaunch on, I put evox on (using the ED@Chip FTP server), and everything loads fine. I load up bank 2, the M8 bios, and evox starts up. I then restart the xbox, and it seems to boot fine, except there's no video. So I restart again--it turns on and off FOUR times, not three, and then starts flashing red / green. This happens if i press the power button or the eject button.

I never checked if the system was a 1.6 or 1.6b, would that cause this kind of a problem?

Thanks

#2 aewysiwyg

aewysiwyg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:39 PM

So that problem was fixed after just letting the xbox cool off for a minute, but now I've got a different problem.

For some reason, pressing eject to boot the box with the chip off wasn't working (it would try to turn on, then turn off and boot with the chip on). I had previously unlocked the HDD (using configmagic) and relocked it (using smartxx OS). I had also backed up the eeprom. I don't know why, but I chose the option "restore eeprom", and now I'm FRAGing. Any suggestions?

#3 mtsaint

mtsaint

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:42 AM

check your solder points a good solder job really shouldnt have these errors see you can set your smart xx chip to dual boot one bios for eject button and one bios for power button. if you havent set the fast boot options i think you can hold down the power button to access your chip menu . see your manual for details. if you cant access the ships menu then u definitly need to check your solder joints

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users