• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gene0915

gene0915

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:08 AM

My brother is trying to flash his XB360, here is a cut/paste of his email: (can anyone offer some advice?)

I have an Xbox360 with a TS MS28 drive that I cannot flash. I can dump the original bin just fine no matter what program I use. I have read the textbook.pdf and did exactly what it said. I have a VT6421 PCI card, I have used a usb flash disk as well as a floppy disk. I used IPREP 1.01 with the latest updates and I am able to use the IDUMP command with my serial # and that works fine. After I reboot I try the IFLASH command with my serial # and it shows my Xtreme Pri Master option, I then turn the xbox off and hit 1 and I wait 10 seconds and turn it back on. I get the message (backup.bin for xxxxxxx xxxxx doesn’t exist) Aborting. I then try Xtreme Boot Maker vo.5.3(RC3) and the XREAD command works fine, but when I use the XFLASH command it shows my Xtreme Pri Master option, I then turn my xbox off and hit 1, wait 10 seconds and back on. I get the message (ERR: Fail to open input file!) I am in need of any help on this matter.

Thanks for any/all help!

#2 myfranco

myfranco

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:20 AM

Obviously he's making a typing error.He should check the name of bin file or he's not typing the bin file

#3 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:09 PM

you can try using mtkflash directly as per How To Flash/Update To Latest iXtreme firmware: Tutorial, iPrep or Xtreme Boot maker / Via card method.

no need to redump if that is done, prepare the hacked and flash with mtkflash w /m /sata hacked.bin

-soso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users