#1 wrecks

wrecks

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:13 AM

I would appreciate any advice anyone has. I have 2 xboxs and both hav broken hard disks. One is a ver 1.0 the other a ver 1.1. Ive just bought a smartxx ver3 and and 320gb hard disk to hopefully get atleast one of the xboxs into working order again but im absolutely lost as where to start. Ive tried reading up some other articles using google but everywhere ive read it always starts off with first step being you need backup of original hard disk with eeprom and original settings which unfortunately i dont have as the original hard disks are broken.

To cut a long story short. I want to install the chip and brand new hard disk but I want to know if it is possible to do without a backup of the original hard disks as that isnt an option that I have. Any help would be appreciated or even a friendly pointer as where to find the info
Thanx

#2 boob1966

boob1966

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:40 AM

install chip
flash with bios
install new hard drive
download Auto installer deluxe 4.02 burn it to a dvd-r run it in xbox
format/prepare hard dive using AID4 (use lager hard drive format prepare)
install MS dash from AID4
then install dash of your chose (XBMC the best)
then apps as well as emus as well

#3 wrecks

wrecks

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 July 2007 - 03:13 PM

Thank you so much for your help. I wont get to try this out until tuesday due to commitments to work but i thank u in advance for your time to answer my question. Will post once i get the chip and hard disk installed

Thanx boob1966

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users