• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 nwa

nwa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:35 AM

I recently fixed my xbox 3RLOD with lawdoggs x clamp replacement guide and the xbox was working perfectly until last weekend. Games started freezing a few minutes into it so i decided to redo everything i did in the mod. I cleaned off the old thermal paste and applied some new AS5 and expected everything to turn out well, but it sadly didnt.

The xbox boots into the white screen with the globe and then stops and goes to the e75 error screen automatically or it just shows the e75 screen in the begining. The lower right red light flashes and it gives me the 1023 E75 error code which is the dvd drive connection. I didnt do anything to the dvd drive so im not sure whats wrong.

#2 absami

absami

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:54 AM

i have the same problem....cant find any fix on internet....did u find any?

#3 ashmore11

ashmore11

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:27 PM

im getting the same problem. not sure but i think it happened when i turned the 360 on while the top of the drive tray was removed?? Also the 360 is badly overheating now too? as well as my fans gradually getting louder.... NEED HELP!!

#4 Chickan

Chickan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE(ashmore11 @ Apr 7 2009, 06:03 PM) View Post

im getting the same problem. not sure but i think it happened when i turned the 360 on while the top of the drive tray was removed?? Also the 360 is badly overheating now too? as well as my fans gradually getting louder.... NEED HELP!!

Badly overheating/fan issue is probably because you didn't tighten down the heatsinks properly. You can wait until it overheats, and get the secondary error code (should be 0011 0012 or 0013, cpu gup or ram) to know which component is overheating. If its ram, good luck.

Also, the fact you turned the console on without the top of the DVD drive will not cause an error. I have several consoles with messed up trays that I run with the tops off, I just cut the little magnet top out of the top half of the DVD drive.

As for E75, haven't run into it so I won't be of help sad.gif If you flashed your DVD drive recently, might make sure that worked correctly. You could also try booting the console with the DVD drive disconnected, if it still gives E75 the DVD drive is not your problem.

#5 ashmore11

ashmore11

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(Chickan @ Apr 8 2009, 03:29 AM) View Post

Badly overheating/fan issue is probably because you didn't tighten down the heatsinks properly. You can wait until it overheats, and get the secondary error code (should be 0011 0012 or 0013, cpu gup or ram) to know which component is overheating. If its ram, good luck.

Also, the fact you turned the console on without the top of the DVD drive will not cause an error. I have several consoles with messed up trays that I run with the tops off, I just cut the little magnet top out of the top half of the DVD drive.

As for E75, haven't run into it so I won't be of help sad.gif If you flashed your DVD drive recently, might make sure that worked correctly. You could also try booting the console with the DVD drive disconnected, if it still gives E75 the DVD drive is not your problem.

No success. Still E75? Disconnected the dvd drive to boot but still E75 so must be the motherboard or some other faulty hardware? But when i check the error code i get 1023? Meaning dvd drive is disconnected?? (even though it is not) Could this possibly be related to a bad flash? I think im the only person ever having this error?! sad.gif If anyone can help me fix this let me know please! Really don't wanna fork out $250 for a new console!

#6 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:39 PM

As you can see by the posts in this thread, this is a very rare error. It most likely has absolutely nothing to do with the DVD-ROM, especially since using a (working) system without a DVD-ROM won't give any errors. I don't know why you'd need to shell out $250 though, new systems are $200.

#7 ashmore11

ashmore11

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:48 PM

Its wierd though? One second the xbox was fine then turned it off and on and from then on its been screwed?!? Still $200 is a lot in the times of recession!!!!! Ha. I was thinking of building a 360 from scratch. well not scratch but u know what i mean! good or bad idea?

Edited by ashmore11, 08 April 2009 - 03:51 PM.

#8 xjimdim

xjimdim

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:22 PM

same thing here!!! I was playing Assassins Creed the other day, and suddenly the screen had some weird green lines of static :S (i was still able to play) so.. i restart my console and there it is E75!! after that i opened my xbox, unplugged and plugged the dvd drive cables and then i opened it again aaaaaaaaaaaand there it is RED RING OF DEATH!! I had RROD like a year ago and i fixed it with the penny trick... now i even tried getting rid of the junk around the gpu and cpu but still nothing :S

HEEEEEEEELP PLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZ

#9 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE(xjimdim @ Jan 9 2010, 10:22 PM) View Post

same thing here!!! I was playing Assassins Creed the other day, and suddenly the screen had some weird green lines of static :S (i was still able to play) so.. i restart my console and there it is E75!! after that i opened my xbox, unplugged and plugged the dvd drive cables and then i opened it again aaaaaaaaaaaand there it is RED RING OF DEATH!! I had RROD like a year ago and i fixed it with the penny trick... now i even tried getting rid of the junk around the gpu and cpu but still nothing :S

HEEEEEEEELP PLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZ

What is your secondary code after RROD?

P.S. for the E75 (never happened to me before), check all the mainboard for loose components such as capacitors etc.

#10 xjimdim

xjimdim

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:30 PM

hmmmm i just checked it and its 0020 and after a little search i found out that this has something to do with e08 (E08: Unconfirmed: General I/O Malfunction, could be caused by an error with any of the I/O devies such as A/V port, USB, Hard drive, DVD drive, etc. over torquing of the AV or heatsync bolts can cause this error.)

hm when i cleaned up the gpu and cpu junk i reinstalled the old x-clamps is that bad somehow?

#11 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE(xjimdim @ Jan 11 2010, 05:30 PM) View Post

hmmmm i just checked it and its 0020 and after a little search i found out that this has something to do with e08 (E08: Unconfirmed: General I/O Malfunction, could be caused by an error with any of the I/O devies such as A/V port, USB, Hard drive, DVD drive, etc. over torquing of the AV or heatsync bolts can cause this error.)

hm when i cleaned up the gpu and cpu junk i reinstalled the old x-clamps is that bad somehow?

YES indeed it can cause RROD. The problem is that, when you pull out the MS x-clamps usually they bend slightly but enough to cause issues. So when you put them back they don't hold the heatsinks in the right position to make their work. Anyway the x-clamps are generally bad designed especially on Xenon revisions. I noticed that on the latest revisions such as Jasper they are better quality metalic x-clamps. Anyway I suggest you to do a full x-clamp fix and reflow the GPU. The 0020 is like 80% the GPU and 20% actually the Northbridge. I hope I helped.

#12 xjimdim

xjimdim

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:23 PM

Ok... so this past days i bought all the screws and the stuff i needed to replace the x-clamps...
I dit it!! (i didnt do anything wrong i think) but still the same frakkin problem.... RROD and error code 0020!!! wtf!!! ????

Btw when i was doing the trick, i had the screws tighten a little too much so it gave me error code 0002 but i fixed that, is there any way that this can still be a problem??

seriously wtf is wrong with my consooole!! tongue.gif

EDIT: Oh i forgot to tell that i removed one of the pennys... basicaly is there a problem to remove all of them now that i applied the other "fix" because they are a real pain in the ass every time that i open me x360

Edited by xjimdim, 12 January 2010 - 07:32 PM.

#13 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:27 AM

Yes first remove all the pennies or other temporary fix u have done in the past. Then check if your washers are 2mm in total between the heatsink and the mainboard. Also be sure you used Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste. By the way, you didn't tell me if you reflowed your GPU and how....

#14 xjimdim

xjimdim

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:28 PM

Hmm by reflow you mean taking of the junk??? (sorry for my english, I'm from Greece tongue.gif)
If it's that, then i used rumping alcohol and some q-tips...
hmm ok thnx for you answers man wink.gif i will try removing everything tommorow, oh and do i have to use nylon washers??? because i didn't find any, (i used only metal)

#15 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE(xjimdim @ Jan 14 2010, 12:28 AM) View Post

Hmm by reflow you mean taking of the junk??? (sorry for my english, I'm from Greece tongue.gif)
If it's that, then i used rumping alcohol and some q-tips...
hmm ok thnx for you answers man wink.gif i will try removing everything tommorow, oh and do i have to use nylon washers??? because i didn't find any, (i used only metal)

I am from greece too, so forgive me guys for my greekglish, but I have to help my country mate:

Ennooume na epanafereis tis kolliseis tou GPU stin arxiki tous katastasi, fernwntas ti thermokrasia stis kolliseis gyrw stous 230C.Afto ginete eite me to trick tou LLama tutorial, eite me heatgun. Egw xrisimopoiw mia metalliki rodela kai mia plastiki tou 1mm paxous kai M5 megethos. I plastiki prepei na einai afti pou akoumpa sti mitriki kai i metalliki sti psiktra. I plastiki exei tin leitourgia na apofugoume tyxon sortarisma metxi mitrikis kai psiktras, ara kai GPU. An exeis apories steile minima private.

For the English speaking: I just explained in short, what we mean reflow, how we can amke it happen and how he should put the washers, and why.

Edited by MadMaxGR, 14 January 2010 - 01:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users