• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CopyPasteIt

CopyPasteIt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 04:39 PM

Hey new, you guys do a great job. I just never had any reason to post before, but I a friend reccomended me hah.

I recently had my old drive completely bust, so I ordered a new one. I've flashed drives before they were no big deal. The replacement I got was a v47DJ.

I need to spoof the firmware so I was using firmware toolbox, however I get this weird message (3.0 and 4.0)

Failure: Cannot read from drive

When I try to dump firmware. I know ive read about people with v47 dj drives before having success. The drive goes into mode b just fine (slax 2.0) (however I do have to press eject 3 times to keep the drive closed) It can read dvds from it and everything, but I cant even dump the firmware let alone flash it. I tried xp safe mode too.

Can I have any help on this? smile.gif

#2 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 July 2007 - 04:46 PM

what chipset are you doing that from

-soso

#3 CopyPasteIt

CopyPasteIt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:34 PM

Its an Abit VT7 board. Ive flashed 3 v78 drives with it fine. It just says failure to read from drive in firmware toolbox when i try to dump it.

#4 CopyPasteIt

CopyPasteIt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:20 PM

Ok, heres the thing. I can now do a classic dump of the firmware but not a raw dump. Thats when i get the failure to read from drive.

Can I just use the classic dump?

Edited by CopyPasteIt, 21 July 2007 - 07:27 PM.

#5 CopyPasteIt

CopyPasteIt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:51 PM

Haha ok now i know i belong in the newb section. You have to do a classic dump for v47s. Someone should document that error message so if people encounter it, things wont go as badly.

#6 bobdamanss

bobdamanss

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE(CopyPasteIt @ Jul 21 2007, 08:27 PM) View Post

Haha ok now i know i belong in the newb section. You have to do a classic dump for v47s. Someone should document that error message so if people encounter it, things wont go as badly.

Damn same problem but even the classic dump doesn't work...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users