2 replies to this topic

#1 samamanjaro

samamanjaro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:06 AM

Hey ppl,

I just installed XDSL after getting fed up with the slowness of Gentoox (was not running KDE) and was very ahppy, everything worked and was fast, ok, so I wanted to do the VNC thing because of the overscan (running 1.6), ok so I downloaded it though the myDSL thing, and it saved to a file called /tmp, it was all fine, so after doing all I needed I typed 'halt' in the terminal with the SU and it turns off, like normal, later I turned it back on and VNC was not there, so I figured the /tmp folder was cleared out or something, so I re saved it to /ramdisk/home/user/dsl, and it was there, and I also downloaded proFTPd (using the wget with SU) and installed it and it was all well, so I turned it off using the halt command and turned it back on to find EVERYTHING was gone, even the folders I placed, settings I made, EVERYTHING. I am not sure what is wrong. I installed XDSL off the Auto Installer Deluxe 3.1 disk if that makes a difference, can someone please tell me what is going on!

Yours, Sam.

#2 samamanjaro

samamanjaro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:37 AM

Ok, sorry for the double post, but I think the reason it happened is because maybe the Auto Installer Deluxe 3.1 disk does the Frugal install, just a question, do I need a hard modded or TSOP flashed Xbox to do the native install, or does it still load up the Xromwell loader, I don't care about storing games on the Xbox, so a native install should be fine, unless something else I don't know...

#3 mysticrider92

mysticrider92

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 July 2007 - 05:05 PM

First, the /tmp folder is just like the name implies, it is cleared on reboot (afaik). Second, to save files with X-DSL, you have to do a loopback or native install. So I would use FTP or some file explorer to clear X-dsl off of your hard drive, then use the FTP boot method (explained in the readme).

Once you have booted it, you can do a loopback install that will not require wiping your drive (as in a native install). It simply creates a file on you hard drive, between 200mb and whatever amount of free space you have. This way, you will not need cromwell and you can still use your dash and games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users