• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Vitriolic

Vitriolic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:46 PM

I need some backround info on this whole concept. Here's a couple questions?

What is the Override folder?

Where do I put it?

Do I put mods in it?

IF mods are put in this folder how do I acess them?

#2 VoxAngel

VoxAngel

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:56 PM

The override folder is used for mods, not unlike many other games which use a specific folder for such things. This folder takes priority over all others and the game looks there for files as it loads various parts of the game, essentially "overriding" the originals. If you can load mods to your xbox, the game will automatically access them. You don't have to do anything else.

In K1, the override folder is placed in the gamesave folder (TDATA\4c400003\override\).

In K2, the folder is placed in the game directory as it is in the PC version. To use actual mods (not just modified gamesaves), you'll need an override folder. For K1, you don't need the game installed on your xbox HD. For K2, you do.

#3 Vitriolic

Vitriolic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:31 PM

Let me ask you a question I dl'ed a mod where you can equip REvan's robes on K2 but it has an installer.exe, is this neccesary to put on xbox or just the folder with the mods in it. Also will his robes be in my inventory or will I have to find them somewhere.

#4 Art2Fly

Art2Fly

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:51 PM

what you have to do is like run the installer then in the installer select your desktop as the directory to install then you get the new files on your desktop or the override folder and then transfer ftp style

#5 Vitriolic

Vitriolic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 02:54 AM

It won't let me install it onto my desktop when I try to it say's that dialog.tlk file wasn't found.

#6 FunstuffofDoom

FunstuffofDoom

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:48 PM

Alright, I have basically the same questions. I'm entirely green to the concept of any mod work on a console, so I'll start with a basic question and move on.

Does what you've discussed work for an Xbox 360?

If no, is there a method that does? Also, if no, disregard the below bits. They're simply specification of some stuff mentioned above.

'Twas mentioned that I need KotOR 2 installed to my Xbox HD. Assuming HD means 'high definition', and as such is largely irrelevant, how would I go about installing a game, and how would I go about accessing those files once they're installed?

Lastly, what is a 'transfer ftp style'?

#7 VoxAngel

VoxAngel

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE(FunstuffofDoom @ Aug 24 2008, 02:24 PM) View Post
Alright, I have basically the same questions. I'm entirely green to the concept of any mod work on a console, so I'll start with a basic question and move on.

Does what you've discussed work for an Xbox 360?

If no, is there a method that does? Also, if no, disregard the below bits. They're simply specification of some stuff mentioned above.

'Twas mentioned that I need KotOR 2 installed to my Xbox HD. Assuming HD means 'high definition', and as such is largely irrelevant, how would I go about installing a game, and how would I go about accessing those files once they're installed?

Lastly, what is a 'transfer ftp style'?

I don't believe you can do the same with a 360, but I'll answer the other questions for anyone else wondering the same thing...

HD = Hard Drive/Harddisk Drive

Installing the game is as simple as copying the game disc to the HD, or transferring it from your PC to the xbox HD (if you happen to have the files copied to your PC for editing purposes) via ftp.

FTP transfer is networking your xbox to your PC so you can work with the files (copy/transfer/move/access etc.)

#8 delukard

delukard

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:34 PM

i have kotor installed to my HD. but can't find the kotor save to create the override folder.
The number given above is not on my xbox, but i do have some saves in my xbox.

#9 Ten-96

Ten-96

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 30 August 2009 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE(delukard @ Jan 22 2009, 07:34 AM) View Post

i have kotor installed to my HD. but can't find the kotor save to create the override folder.
The number given above is not on my xbox, but i do have some saves in my xbox.

KotOR 2 - E:/Games/Star Wars KotOR II (OR SWKotOR II OR Whatever it gets named)/Override

If there isn't an Override folder in either one of these directories to start with, then you will have to create one and FTP it to the XBox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users