• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 coulombic

coulombic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:16 PM

I am in the process of installing a SmartXX V3 using the X-Addons solderless adapter. When I opened up the XBox I found I had a version 1.0 box. The LPC holes are filled in with solder. I know many solderless adapters in the past have required that the holes actually have solder, but it appears that the X-Addons requires that the LPC be desoldered. It seems that the spring pins need to set low so that the D0 pins make contact. Is this correct? If you have installed X-Addons on V1.0 box, I would appreciate any assistance.

#2 gogniben

gogniben

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:51 AM

I recently installed a universal solderless adapter on a 1.0. Just like yours the holes were filled with solder. What I did was take a push pin, like the kinds used to hang up posters, and push it into the solder. Each pin was able to gouge out three holes until it was either too bent or to dull to do another. Though this is definately not the recommended way for removing solder, it worked fine for me.

#3 mtsaint

mtsaint

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:00 AM

you can easily lift a trace using push pins thus rendering your mobo broken. i would get a cheap solder kit to remove the solder or get creative if your dont wanna solder im sure you can think of something

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users