#1 twinvipers

twinvipers

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 July 2007 - 12:07 AM

Ok I have had my Xbox modded with Xecuter3 and working fine for years now. Two weeks ago in the middle of watching a movie which was being streamed via SMB it froze. I rebooted the system and it looked to work but in the middle on the splash screen it froze again and went black with lots of red vertical lines on the screen. Rebooted again and all I get is the “3 restarts and FRAG” nothing else over and over. I tried to reset the mod chip thinking maybe it moved and nothing, I removed the chip completely and install original HD and same thing. I left it for a few days because I was fed up with it but tried it yesterday still all original and it started fine the first time. Think I just got lucky I turn it off and tried again and yep 3 reboots and FRAG.

Any suggestion? I used it quite a bit could the video chip be fried? What can I do? What can I test?

#2 94TC

94TC

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 04:30 AM

Are you at least getting a error code. Sounds like the movie you were watching was corrupt? blink.gif

#3 twinvipers

twinvipers

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 04:47 AM

No error code... it just froze... and now as I mentioned just “3 restarts and FRAG”?????????

uhh.gif

#4 navydoc28

navydoc28

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:14 AM

my xbox did the same thing.

#5 twinvipers

twinvipers

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:25 PM

I assume yours was modded as well?

And if so did you try to remove the mod chip and see if it would work?

#6 McCarron

McCarron

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE(twinvipers @ Jul 26 2007, 09:01 PM) View Post

I assume yours was modded as well?

And if so did you try to remove the mod chip and see if it would work?

My X3 stopped working yesterday as well. I have XBMC automatically turn the system off, as it's on as I goto bed, so not sure what caused the problem.

I right now have everything apart, and the d0 seems fine and I just can't get it to work at all. The only thing I changed recently was adding an X3IR about two months ago.

The system boots without the X3 activated, but the X3 can't start up or even go into recovery flash mode. I think it's a hosed X3 after many years of use.

#7 orijonl

orijonl

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:39 PM

My xbox is doing the same thing. I assumed it was hit by a power surge due to lightning, because I have some other devices that were damaged while I was away. It acts as if the x3 is ok, because I can get the blue, red and purple lights to come on by booting by the separate methods. I just can't get into any bios or dash. I have thought that maybe I could hotswap out the chip in a friends xbox to reflash at least flashbios, but I'm not sure if the box is fried or the chip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users