3 replies to this topic

#1 i91CrxSi

i91CrxSi

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:19 AM

Alright guys, need as much info as possible. I have googled it up and my results for not satisfying sad.gif.

Well here it goes. I have an xbox v. 1.1 with an xenium ice soldered chip. Well my roommate decided to move the xbox into his room and boom, all of the sudden the damn thing would start up and shut off three times in a row. So I went ahead and flipped the chip into recovery mode to see what the heck was going on. It was doing the wonderful "got from hdd" with "IDE error 04". I went directly to this site and started doing my research. From what everything was showing is that error 04 is a ram problem. Awesome right? The people said that the only way to repair this problem is to replace the mobo and the hd at the same time. Well out of curiosity since their is no way i got static electricity even near it, so I knew for a fact that it was not the mobo. I wanted to check to see if the hd was working fine. So I disconnected the mod chip and guess what! The original bios runs great, so that factors out the hd. The question im getting to is that is it possible the chip is fried, and if so why is it shooting error 04 on me? I would really appreciate any advice/suggestions on getting my xbox to work again, the wii is starting to get boring.

thanks guys!

#2 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:22 PM

the xbox works perfect without the chip. no errors?

try replacing the bios on the chip. it could have corrupted. i reccommend x2 5035.

#3 i91CrxSi

i91CrxSi

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 10:10 AM

yeah, the xbox works perfectly. That's what confused the crap out of me haha. What would be a good way to reload the bios on the chip if it's throwing out that code?

#4 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:19 PM

remove item from launch list and add new item.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users