• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Blister

Blister

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:57 PM

I have a moded firmware 360 and have not go online yet, but I do want to upgrade the OS. I found a how to do it from CD/DVD and where to download the updated OS from. I want to get the latest video codecs that come with the latest update.

Basically, has anyone yet tried this with a Firmware hack on there 360 if so any problems with doing this way?

I did a search on this topic and di not find much here.

Thanks for you help

Blister

#2 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:38 PM

its perfectly safe. i'm surprised you didn't find anything on your search as its mentioned quite a few times that going on live to download the updates is safe with a modded box, as is putting in a new game that has the update on it, as is downloading the update and burning to a disc.

#3 Blister

Blister

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 05:36 AM

Thanks for your help. I'm going to try it and see what happens.

All I want is the freak'n video codecs.

I appreciate your help.

Blister

#4 thudb

thudb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:23 AM

I have tried to update the OS from DVD but have been unsuccessful. The DVD boots to the dashboard and comes up saying "Mixed Media Disc" and then does nothing.

I have followed the instructions on the website.

Is there anyone that has successfully updated using this method? If so, please enlighten me as to how to do it.

#5 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:00 PM

It should work.. but I have never personally done it...

Why not just connect to Live real quick...?? It will give you the updates really easy.

#6 thudb

thudb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:54 PM

My 360 got banned before the Spring 2007 update so i can't connect to Live. Like the original poster I would like to get the update to support the additional video codecs.

#7 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:22 PM

Call up MS.. tell them you dont have an internet connection in the room with the Xbox... ask them why the update disc isnt working.

#8 keithdio

keithdio

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:45 PM

the latest update only allows for the playing of mp4 not divx , well thats what i got

#9 Blister

Blister

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:49 PM

First thanks from everyone that has replied to my orignial post.

I've been trying the update from CD/DVD and Have been unsucessful too. I think the problem is that they tell you on teh MS web site to put the foldler inside the "New CD" and burn it. I think the CD needs to be made with the name"$SystemUpdate" with out the folder just the file placed on the CD. I'll try this and see if it works.

Also it says to "Power Cycle the xbox" is'nt this just tuning it off and back on with the CD in the tray?

If anyone else knows another way to do this let us know. I may just hopon Live and get the update.

Thanks again
Blister

#10 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:32 PM

the folder inside the CD needs to be named %SytemUpdate, not the CD. and the xbox does needs to be power cycled. put the disc in the console, turn off the console, then turn it back on with the disc still inside

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users