No replies to this topic

#1 Richtopia

Richtopia

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 03:29 AM

Hello all, first i would like to say i dont know if anyone has done this or if they have put a clame on this idea so im going to take it as mine for now.

I tested this on my Xbox with a 300G HDD dont know if it will work on the XBox HDD

things you will need:

1. a softmoded Xbox (i use SID v2.0 splintercell NTSC)(i know its old but it works for me)

2. you need to make shure your linux install is still in the save game folder if not put it there.

3 Slayers 2.7 on a DVD-R dont know if it work on a CD-R never tryed.

HOW To:
(this is how i did it and it worked if theres a faster way please fill free to post it)

First Softmod your Xbox with your SID if you havent all ready
then make a backup of your C and E and your eprom just to be safe
Now once you have your evox or unleash dash up and running (Agian please make shure your linux install is in your Save game folder)

put in your slayers CD and run it you should see the menu in there it will say fresh install or some thing like that then you will be in a new menu insall slayes on your bigger HDD or retail (i used Bigger HDD becuse thats what i had) now it will say its goning to format the C Drive just hit yes then go to the main menu
and you should see some thing about APS/MSdash and things like that pick the first one install ALL on F:
shut down the Xbox then restart it with your tray open now you should be in your linux main menu

go down and install the patch i think it say pach5960 then it will restart and you should have slayers installed for the softmod

turn off the Xbox restart it with your tray open now goto filemanager you should see all of your Xbox files in your C: Drive you should see MSdash.xbe hit that to test and see if the Xbox Dash loads up if it did then we are all most there go back to the linux menu (power up the Xbox with your try open) then got to filemanager then C: drive delet evoxdash.xbe and rename your MSdash.xbe to evoxdash.xbe
restart your Xbox and now you should have the Xbox Dashboard as your new Softmoded Dash

you can play your copyed games with this dash and use the dvd remote

Live has not been tested in this mode you will not have your F and G drive with this dash if you want to get back to an unleash or evox dash go under F drive Apps under the linux File manager there should be a lot of dashboards in there like XBMC unleash and so on

good luck i hope this is clear a nuff for you to under stand

if you are lost then i would just say dont do it

Edited by Richtopia, 28 July 2007 - 03:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users