2 replies to this topic

#1 pbmdk

pbmdk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 06:02 PM

hi there.
im new to linux. but i found a tutorial so it helped me install xdsl.
my problem is that i think xdsl is in read only mode. bacause It dont save my settings when i reboot, and i cant install flash player for firefox.
I installed xdsl on my E:\KNOPPFIX and i launch it from xbmc. E:\KNOPPFIX\default.xbe
here is my linuxboot.cfg

title XDSL Loopback install
kernel KNOPPIX/linux24
initrd KNOPPIX/ird-loop.gz
append root=/dev/ram0 init=/etc/init rw video=xbox:640x480 rootfs_name=xdslfs quiet kbd-reset

how can i make xdsl in write mode so it can save my settings and i can install the flashplayer ?
thanks.

#2 pbmdk

pbmdk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:50 PM

okey no help on that one.
can anyone then tell me how to install adobe flash player then?` cause when i click on the button "install plugin " in firefox it installs flash, but it don't work and after I restart firefox and go to youtube it says that it needs to install flash. but i just installed it.. hmm.. maby it needs to go to the newbie forum! heh.. any one know what i am doin' wrong here?

#3 stevewal

stevewal

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • Interests:conservastion, rock climbing, modding and gaming, gardening.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 August 2007 - 05:22 PM

hi,
you need to download flash player 7, then right click emeflm and click start as super user. Navigate to the flash player file u downloaded and double click it then click the file it unpacks and it should have two files: flashplayer.xpt, and flashplayer. so. Put them in your user/local/firefox/pluggins directory. You also need to get jre1_5_0 from mydsl downloader (click system).

Unfortunately the flashplayer sound doesn't work properly, but for a work around in youtube see my post above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users