PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:26 AM

Rockstar Developing Exclusive Franchise For The PS3
Posted by XanTium | 28-7-2007 22:26 EST

From PlayStation Blog (FYI: Sony owned blog):

This is Michael Shorrock. I'm the Director of 3rd Party Relations at SCEA. As you may have seen this morning/last night on GameHead with Geoff Keighley, we are announcing that a new franchise from Rockstar Games will be exclusive to PS3. As part of our long standing relationship with Rockstar, and the incredible success for both companies with the cultural icon that is Grand Theft Auto, we've agreed to the PlayStation exclusive rights of the next great franchise from the Rockstar studios.

Everyone knows to have success in this business you need to look ahead, identifying the talent and titles that are going to give consumers new kinds of gaming experiences that help set the bar for the rest of the industry. Rockstar has a heritage for doing just that. We have had incredible success with the GTA franchise and are happy to continue to offer those titles on our platforms, and even more excited about what's to come from the current and future relationship between our companies. Rockstar really wanted to make a game that you can truly only do on PS3, harnessing the power of CELL and Blu-ray disc and this deal lets them do just that.. This is really a win-win situation for both companies. As Jack mentioned in the interview with Geoff, this franchise is not LA Noire, but something all new. We agreed with Rockstar and Take-Two Interactive Software that we wouldn't disclose anything more about the deal or title at this time, so stay tuned, we'll share more info as soon as we can.

#2 dvsone

dvsone

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:45 AM

I seem to remember Jack Tretton said that Sony won't "bribe" developers to make exclusive games for PS3 after the annoucement of exclusive 360 GTA IV content. I guess Rockstar are doing this out of the goodness of their heart, lol. Smart move by Sony, wonder if the franchise will be decent.

Edited by dvsone, 29 July 2007 - 03:47 AM.

#3 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,287 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 July 2007 - 06:31 PM

Sounds interesting, as long as its not just another GTA spin off.

#4 mlmadmax

mlmadmax

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 29 July 2007 - 10:33 PM

I hope rockstar can pull aff another hit, bully was just kind of meh to me. If this new hit is inovative i can't wait to play it.

#5 iLLNESS

iLLNESS

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:computers, video games, my gf, movies, drinking
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:29 AM

man thats funny..

were making a ps3 ONLY deal but we cant say what the game is, when its coming, or even a name or anythign to signify any interest. sounds to me like a struggle for a breath of air.

this is like chev saying we have a brand new vehicle coming out sometime, we dont know when. we cant say if its gonna be a suv, compact, crossover, truck, etc.

OMG ITS GONNA BE SO FREAAAKIN AWSOME MAN. YOU HEAR ABOUT THAT NEW GAME THEIR COMING WITH? MAN ITS GONNA BE RAD!
"er whats it called?"
I DONO BUT ITLL BE SO COOL

haha
does anyone even like any rockstar games that have come out besides gta?

#6 NineT9mustang

NineT9mustang

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:51 AM

damn iLLNESS your quiet the negative guy aren't ya

I'm sure if Chevy came out saying they have a new car, most ppl wouldn't care...

but this is Rockstar & Sony, so its more like Lamborghini is announcing a new sports car... so naturally most people will get excited...

Even if all games by Rocktar sucked, they have GTA which does a lot better then Halo, so having faith in Rockstar from 1 great game is good enough for people

It's called 'teasing'... You announce something really cool, but you don't give out too many details

#7 stevenalvarado

stevenalvarado

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Location:Costa Rica PlayStation3 Version: none Nintendo Wii Version: v4.1u

Posted 30 July 2007 - 04:09 AM

so its more like Lamborghini is announcing a new sports car

They didnt even say what kind of game they´re coming with... dry.gif
and that kind of teasing doesnt work with me.
It isnt even like a hot girl said to you that someday she´s gonna do sth with you...

#8 Mr Invader

Mr Invader

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 July 2007 - 04:44 AM

I'm thinking back to RR Table Tennis.... blink.gif

I hope its awesome. I want them to make an FPS RPG free-roaming-sandbox game; like Oblivion except in current day, and NOT like GTA.

Or whatever they come up with pop.gif

QUOTE(iLLNESS @ Jul 29 2007, 09:05 PM) View Post

man thats funny..

were making a ps3 ONLY deal but we cant say what the game is, when its coming, or even a name or anythign to signify any interest. sounds to me like a struggle for a breath of air.

this is like chev saying we have a brand new vehicle coming out sometime, we dont know when. we cant say if its gonna be a suv, compact, crossover, truck, etc.

OMG ITS GONNA BE SO FREAAAKIN AWSOME MAN. YOU HEAR ABOUT THAT NEW GAME THEIR COMING WITH? MAN ITS GONNA BE RAD!
"er whats it called?"
I DONO BUT ITLL BE SO COOL

haha
does anyone even like any rockstar games that have come out besides gta?

We have no details about the Peter Jackson Halo project, but people are like: "ZOMGZ TeH PeTeR JACKS0N PR0J3CT WIL PwN LOLLLOLOLOLOLLLOL!!!11!!!!1*&^&^"

^Are you one of those people?^ I hope not, that would make you a big hypocrite

#9 BillMan

BillMan

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 July 2007 - 05:14 AM

Just woundering, isn't the next GTA xbox and PS3??? So does this mean it is only PS3 now? or what? couse it was allready announced to be on both systems. So I am really lost here.

I think this just states some games are going to be PS3 exclusives only, not all...

CAn someone clearafy this and back up their facts? thanks. Perferably with links.

Nevermind, it is only some games they choose to make... BEcause they are making a second franchise for the PS3 only, but the franchise their now is going to be Xbox360 and PS3.

So not really a big hope for all of us.

#10 Thraxen

Thraxen

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE(BillMan @ Jul 29 2007, 11:50 PM) View Post

Just woundering, isn't the next GTA xbox and PS3??? So does this mean it is only PS3 now? or what? couse it was allready announced to be on both systems. So I am really lost here.

I think this just states some games are going to be PS3 exclusives only, not all...

CAn someone clearafy this and back up their facts? thanks. Perferably with links.

Nevermind, it is only some games they choose to make... BEcause they are making a second franchise for the PS3 only, but the franchise their now is going to be Xbox360 and PS3.
So not really a big hope for all of us.

Yes, GTA IV is on both systems... but the 360 is getting exclusive downloadable episode add-ons later. What this article is saying is that Rockstar is developing an entirely new game which will be exclusive to the PS3. But no one knows what the new game will be at this point.

#11 RBJTech

RBJTech

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:08 AM

If this is a new deal - then come back in 2 or 3 YEARS to see the finished game. Quality games really do take that long to develop - especially a new exclusive.

By then things would have moved on significantly - who knows the PS3 may well be totally dead or it may now be the leader ?

Don't get all excited people - it's a bit premature ... smile.gif

#12 Swahili

Swahili

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:15 PM

Acctually depends on how far along the project already are, say that rockstar already had started the preproduction based on a nextgen platform. Then most of the groundwork is done and you'd probably not need more then 18 months for the production. (especially since it will probably use the already complete table tennis/gta IV engine).

Or what the hell do i know.....

#13 yourM0M

yourM0M

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:47 PM

three words : "san andreas stories"

0 user(s) are reading this topic