• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Acecom12

Acecom12

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:57 PM

ok so i took my 160gb hdd out of my xbox not moded and want to put that hdd in my pc for more space ya know rather than go by a brand new hdd for my pc.. bu windows will not read it my bios reads that the hdd is there but windows will not.. its in a locked state is there anyway i can unlock this drive and format it in to a ntfs file system to us eon my pc.. i dont want anything on the hard drive i just want o wipe it clean then use it for my pc? pleae help if you can thanks!

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:12 PM

Put the HD in the Xbox and unlock it. You can do it through the Evox menu or through configmagic, I believe.

I would run the back up option to get the eeprom.bin prior to wiping out the drive.

#3 Acecom12

Acecom12

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:21 PM

oops what if you no longer have the xbox? is there anything else i can do to get this drive wiped and in to a pc format?

like i said i dont want anything off the hdd i just want it for storage on my pc

Edited by Acecom12, 29 July 2007 - 08:22 PM.

#4 Acecom12

Acecom12

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:40 AM

come on someone has to know......................

#5 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:56 AM

Since it isn't the original Xbox HD, none of the standard ways will work.

It looks like you need to visit www.hdunlock.com

#6 SirMaverick

SirMaverick

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE(Acecom12 @ Jul 29 2007, 12:33 PM) View Post

ok so i took my 160gb hdd out of my xbox not moded and want to put that hdd in my pc for more space ya know rather than go by a brand new hdd for my pc.. bu windows will not read it my bios reads that the hdd is there but windows will not.. its in a locked state is there anyway i can unlock this drive and format it in to a ntfs file system to us eon my pc.. i dont want anything on the hard drive i just want o wipe it clean then use it for my pc? pleae help if you can thanks!

I can unlock the hd for you. Just send it to me, and I'll send it back to you. If you're interested, just send me an extra $5 for return shipping. It only takes me a day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users