• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sonic66

sonic66

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:28 PM

I want to softmod my Xbox so I can use Linux as well as play Xbox games. my kernal is 40xx and my dash is 59xx. On the linux-xbox Wiki, it says I need to downgrade my dashboard, but i cant find any kind of program to do so. According to what I have read on the forums, i can install another dashboard (like Ndure) and not worry about downgrading. My question is that if I do install Ndure, will I still be able to play Xbox games? Any help is appreciated.

Edited by sonic66, 29 July 2007 - 09:29 PM.

#2 Musashi

Musashi

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:Halo, Halo 2, other videogames, and my girlfriend.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:11 AM

You dont need to downgrade your dashboard, use Ndure, the las I remeber is it will backup ur original dash,... correct me if im wrong, i dont use Ndure since Imade a custom softmod install thats quite off date hehe. If u got any questions pm me my friend, cheers

#3 mackay22

mackay22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:28 PM

I have installed XDSl on my harddrive, within the apps section and I simply load it from the apps menu or from the XBMC Programs menu.
It installs somewhere in a folder called KNOPPIX and if you download XDSL the readme file is quite straightforward, it will tell you how to install it like I have done.

Alternatively I know most of the Xbox Linux distros run off a disk too, only all I've done like that is load the linux (both Xubuntu and XDSL) disk on my xbox, and played with the programs, I never did any saving or downloading off a live disk so not sure where it would save it etc. Shouldnt be a problem though saving and stuff.

Linux on the Xbox is cool, snip a controller cable and wire up a USB cable and USB hub straight off your game plug, no need to hardwire a usb port or anything, then you got Keyboard and Mouse etc!! (of course hard usb ports look cool though!)

ps - sorry, yes I havent had to do anything like downgrade my dash or kernel, just worked all good for me!

Edited by mackay22, 11 May 2008 - 08:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users