• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Raddon

Raddon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:42 AM

Hey guys, long time browser first time poster.

Anyway, down to business. I have decided to softmod my Xbox using the XboxHDM and UDE method.

I DLed XboxHDM v1.9 and Idots UDE v.1.4 package.
Extracted to the Linux folder of XboxHDM and edited the .BAT with "-allow-lowercase".
Burned the Linux.ISO that it made and whacked it in the Optical Drive.

Now, we boot the Xbox and load the M$ dash, all good so far. I proceed to boot the computer with the Loose PATA cable and boot into the XboxHDM menu. Whilst it is saying boot, hotswap the Xbox Cable with the loose one from the PC and hit enter. There are a few lines of text and then BAAM, black screen and two keyboad lights are flashing tongue.gif

We have tried several different combinations of pulling out the Cable when in Error 12, and booting the computer after we attach the Xbox's HDD to no avail.

I ask the Pro's "Any ideas?" as i am at a lost here sad.gif

Thanks to all in advanced,
Yours Sincerely,
Another desperate n00b happy.gif

#2 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:27 AM

Hi,

not all pc motherboards can be used for a hotswap. You could try switching the HDD auto detection off in the pc bios.

Your CD/DVD ROM in your PC should be connected as master device on the secundary IDE controller.

I prefer to readout the xbox eeprom chip with a cheap eeprom reader. Once I have the Eeprom.bin file, I can unlock the harddisk with xboxhdm or the dos tools, install the softmod and lock the disk again.

It's true, you will need some hardware to do this. But, the method is a lot safer than a hotswap.

You might check this article.

http://forums.afterd...view.cfm/357863

regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users