• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xbox_elite_aus

xbox_elite_aus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 05:26 AM

i just wondering to change my xbox standard dvd drive to HD drive (my console is moded), if i change it does mod chip still work as same with standard dvd drive or it won't work...any suggest will be appreciated..

#2 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:13 PM

What are you saying, you want to replace your DVD drive with a HD-DVD drive? Or you think you can install a modchip and it will turn a DVD drive into an HD-DVD drive?

#3 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:11 PM

The HDDVD drive is for playing MOVIES only... it does not play games.

#4 xbox_elite_aus

xbox_elite_aus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ Jul 30 2007, 11:49 PM) View Post

What are you saying, you want to replace your DVD drive with a HD-DVD drive? Or you think you can install a modchip and it will turn a DVD drive into an HD-DVD drive?

replace my dvd drive with a HD-DVD drive! my xbox already been modded..as HAVOK said HD-dvd drive just for watch Movie ONLY is this true..and does mod chip will work with HD-DVD..
sorry for my starter post was make you confuse!! i just wondering to get new xbox elite which will coming out soon or buy one next week ,as i see price will drop on xbox premium $599 AUD (original price was $650 AUD, this is was Toy 'R' Us in australia)..

as current xbox and next coming xbox elite which one do you think is easier to mod? although xbox elite has a better look (all in black and 120gb hhd) but price will pretty expensive too,,i saw on news retails could be $1190 AUD...

thank you for you reply,,you guys is great!!!!!

#5 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:34 PM

well, your post is still pretty tough to read, so i'm just going to give it a shot and hope i'm giving you the info you want.

1. there is no 360 that comes with a HD DVD drive inside of it. they all have standard dvd drives.

2. once you get your system, you can open it up and flash it. this is better then a modchip. just figure out what kind of drive you have and read the tutorials.

3. flashing your system's DVD drive will not effect your ability to use the HD-DVD add on.

hope that helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users