With help from BurnDown this is what I discovered and what happens in reality for those that don't know, like me 2 hours ago.
- The card looks brilliant. It has the right font, the right colours, the right feel etc, but no packaging.
- I formatted it and found a near 4Gb capacity so I was happy.
- I loaded two backups onto the card and found all was well. Games were seen and loadable.
- I'm new to the PSP so I couldn't comment on the load time from the card, but felt they were slow.
- All the games I tried, well the four I own and backed up played badly.
- Driver 76 glitches every 10 seconds or so but loads and plays fine if you overlook the stutters.
- Crush is more or less fine. The UMD is perfect but to be fair the card is not far behind.
- WRC is again pretty much normal with the odd glitch and stutter. Much slower than UMD to load.
- Test Drive Unlimited is the worse. It takes an age to load and stops whenever the game updates for about 20 seconds.
It turns out the card is a fake only when I try look at the information screen on the PSP. It shows Magic Gate...Unknown
I'm going to buy an 8Gb from here now, or maybe a pair of 4Gb from here
Anyway that old saying " you get what you pay for" was driven home to me today with a large mallet. Pay attention to what you're buying and don't end up feeling a bitter plonker like me.