Photo

Help! Wifi Laptop Connected To Xbox (crossover)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 J@ymz

J@ymz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:56 PM

Hi all,

With the help of our friends in this great community, I now have XBMC up and running on my xbox.

I used Ndure's 007 save game exploit, then ftp'd (from my laptop nic via crossover cable) XBMC to my xbox into the /E/apps folder. XBMC now runs from my dash (EvolutionX) as an application.

I have a laptop with a wifi (Belkin) pcmcia card. The laptop also has an ethernet network card.

I can ftp from my laptop ethernet nic to my xbox using a crossover cable. However, every time I try to bridge my xbox ethernet connection to my laptop with my laptop's wifi connection, i get error msgs indicating that I can't do both at the same time.

In short, my laptop does not like having a wifi connection to my router at the same time as a crossover connection to my laptop. I have tried bridging the connections in my windows network settings, but it still fails. I have tried using the cmd prompt (using commands like netsh bridge set adapter 2 (..which is my laptop's wifi adapter..) e.), hoping this would help. I got this tip from the following URL:

http://www.i-hacked....nt/view/118/62/

I know this is aimed at a PS2, but hoped the same would apply for an xbox.

I would really like to be able to connect to the internet on my laptop via its wifi connection AT THE SAME TIME as connecting my laptop to my xbox with a crossover cable.

If this is possible, I would really appreciate a noob guide to how this is done. I mean a real NOOB guide, not missing out any steps. This is the last step in the process of getting xlink kai up and running so that I can really exploit the potential of the xbox beast.

Your help is much appreciated, and keep up the outstanding work.

J@ymz

#2 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:07 AM

instead of a bridge use ICS .. Internet connection sharing ..http://www.homenethelp.com/ics/ics-install-netxp.asp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users