Photo

Microsoft's Biggest Mistake With The 360 (excluding Rrod Issues)?

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Poll: Microsoft's Biggest Mistake With The 360 (excluding RRoD issues)?

Microsoft's Biggest Mistake With The 360 (excluding RRoD issue)?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Archonwolf

Archonwolf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 August 2007 - 04:45 PM

I choose lack of media type support, but thats not exactly accurate to what I wanted.

MS hype up the 360 with its XBLA/Video/Music/Game services, But I live in Australia, and the XBL Video Marketplace is well, crap, really. Right now, if I go to "All TV Shows" I get, "Artist of the Month" (Which has 3 songs, all of which are terrible), "Digital Entertainment" (containing ONLY the HD-DVD Player Promos), "Robbie Williams-Concert (ick.)" and "Viva Pinata, The Animated Series" blink.gif

Yet, I see on the US XBL, I see 199 TV shows, movie hire, episode purchases, tons of stuff we can't get on DVD here, demos for games we never even see. In all, I see what the Marketplace is SUPPOSED to be about.

Because Australia isn't deemed a "major" market, we miss out on 99% of that kinda stuff.

*goes to watch his Robbie Williams "All TV Shows" >..>;*

#32 DeMoN_DARREN

DeMoN_DARREN

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 August 2007 - 05:57 PM

Errr... Crappy D-Pad. Its just plain WRONG

#33 dannyboyuk

dannyboyuk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:24 PM

I voted for the limited media type support. Simply because the only reason for it is because they don't care about whether we'd love to be able to use our 360 to watch videos on our PC on the tv, instead of on a PC monitor. But that would cause a risk of less people using their marketplace video services, and when it's something that could lose them potential revenue, their basic attitude is "well fuck the consumers". I would probably have little use for my XBox now (it's only purpose is to run XBMC now, I've not played games on it for ages) if I'd been able to watch my vids via the 360.

#34 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:11 PM

i voted for "Make HDD optional (Core system)" ... cause like someone said it is causing issues for games like GTA4.

all-in-all though i just think it was a mistake to sell a system without a hard drive.... cause it's just handicapping the system.

#35 CoLD FiRE

CoLD FiRE

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE(jimbobjim @ Aug 2 2007, 04:00 AM) View Post

Forget about the scratching issues, they are rare, what about the fact that half of the DVD rom drives fail to open when the console is vertical? I've flashed quite a few systems and nearly every one with a Samsung drive has opening issues. How was this not mentioned in the last thread or this one?

Seriously, I feel like i'm the only person to experience this in a huge way.

I'm having the same problem and guess what!! it fails to open in both ways vertical and horizontal

btw..imo the biggest mistake is the overpriced accessories then making HDD optional

also, for High-Def/Capacity Disc it's a good thing that MS made it optional so the price won't go high

#36 metalgear1

metalgear1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:04 AM

Limited filetype support for media playback was my vote
ADD to that "OTHER" file support (unsigned code) and I'm done

but in the cussrent state who the wants to convert thier .avi files to a crappy wmv format to watch on the 360?

My 360 gets turned on for GAMES ONLY I could really care less about the MEDIA CENTER wich BLOWS (reason above^^^.avi files)
and as such I use good o'l Xbox1 and XBMC for ANY/ALL medai server tasks

#37 TreyTable

TreyTable

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:videogames, Transformers, stickers.
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE(jimbobjim @ Aug 1 2007, 09:00 PM) View Post

Forget about the scratching issues, they are rare, what about the fact that half of the DVD rom drives fail to open when the console is vertical? I've flashed quite a few systems and nearly every one with a Samsung drive has opening issues. How was this not mentioned in the last thread or this one?

Seriously, I feel like i'm the only person to experience this in a huge way.

why would one put their console vertical?

QUOTE(Archonwolf @ Aug 5 2007, 12:21 PM) View Post

I choose lack of media type support, but thats not exactly accurate to what I wanted.

MS hype up the 360 with its XBLA/Video/Music/Game services, But I live in Australia, and the XBL Video Marketplace is well, crap, really. Right now, if I go to "All TV Shows" I get, "Artist of the Month" (Which has 3 songs, all of which are terrible), "Digital Entertainment" (containing ONLY the HD-DVD Player Promos), "Robbie Williams-Concert (ick.)" and "Viva Pinata, The Animated Series" blink.gif

Yet, I see on the US XBL, I see 199 TV shows, movie hire, episode purchases, tons of stuff we can't get on DVD here, demos for games we never even see. In all, I see what the Marketplace is SUPPOSED to be about.

Because Australia isn't deemed a "major" market, we miss out on 99% of that kinda stuff.

*goes to watch his Robbie Williams "All TV Shows" >..>;*

What did Australia ever do to deserve such treatment? Actually Australia did get all that content but your government has banned most of it. jester.gif

QUOTE(Grim187 @ Aug 2 2007, 04:25 AM) View Post

Al tho i think developers would love the chance to go wild with 18 or even 32gb of space per game (internal hd) and prices for accessories are way to high (come on $100 for a 20gb hdd i can find them for under $20)

i went with poor quality headsets because I'm on my 7th wired headset now and my rfboard has been named incorrectly and needs to be replaced so i cant use wireless. sad.gif
ya well its not like there trying to compete with xbmc or anything, it would be nice to see some divx support tho.
everyone hates dealing with M$ customer support and rrod is a problem that occurs in at least %35 of all 360.

What do you do with your headsets that cause them to break?

I for one have no idea what you are talking about with Microsoft customer support. Sony customer support is awful, it's like calling Australia.

QUOTE(turk3y @ Aug 3 2007, 04:58 AM) View Post
I cant see m$ allowing games that require a hdd to pass certification.

Final Fantasy XI

#38 CoLD FiRE

CoLD FiRE

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE(TreyTable @ Aug 7 2007, 06:35 AM) View Post

why would one put their console vertical?
What did Australia ever do to deserve such treatment? Actually Australia did get all that content but your government has banned most of it. jester.gif
What do you do with your headsets that cause them to break?

I for one have no idea what you are talking about with Microsoft customer support. Sony customer support is awful, it's like calling Australia.
Final Fantasy XI

IPB Image

that's why I would put it vertical smile.gif

#39 pablot

pablot

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:37 PM

NOISE

I hardly use that stupid thing because of the immense noise it makes. I hate noisy systems, and this POS takes the price.. still use my original xbox about 100times more, xbmc and 80mm fan mod just makes it so much more appealing.

Edited by pablot, 07 August 2007 - 01:38 PM.

#40 litium33

litium33

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:26 PM

As of today, the limited filetype support for media playback is definitely the biggest mistake, but the lack of a webbrowser and the high amount of noise produced are also quite big mistakes

In the future filetype support for mp and webbrowser might be fixed by the homebrew scene. But the noise will remain.

L

#41 NumpXP

NumpXP

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:37 PM

wow.. the vote is really hard to choose

#42 GunRunner

GunRunner

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:39 PM

Outside of rrod I would have to say limited file type support. Least i would say was the hi-def internal disc... This keeps the cost of the unit down so it can out sell the p3

#43 avatar1976

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE(jdsun1 @ Aug 1 2007, 08:36 PM) View Post

It has been proven that the 360 does not scratch discs if it is handled properly!!! Get over the fact that you don't know how to take care of your console and games.

WTF said anything about scratching discs, get your eyes checked, do you even know what 3ROD aka rrod means? Aside from anything I was correcting the person in question to say we can't include overheating issues because it's part of the Rrod issue.
I've never had a problem with any of my game discs you `tard pack owner.

I just worked out that you meant to quote tattoedbear, read what you're actually quoting next time st00pid.

#44 avatar1976

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE(TreyTable @ Aug 7 2007, 04:35 AM) View Post

No it's nothing to do with a government we don't have a fascist dictatorship government that gets up set about a covered nipple appearing on the superbowl. Oh and while we're at it I also believe your government creates wars about oil in the middle east, we do have a F@#k wit for a leader that follows your government though (inspite of the populous being not in favour of that).
The real reason we don't have any IPTV stuff in Australia is for one simple reason, we do not have adequate broadband to a large enough percentage of the population that have Xbox 360's.
If Rupert Murdoch (you uncultured americans might know him from his appearances on The Simpsons, owner of fox, aussie expatriot) says we don't have adequate broadband for IPTV then I would say we don't, because if he could deliver TV in new ways he'd be the first doing it.
So shove those comments up your stOOpid patriotic ass (I translated stupid to the way you say it there so you would understand).

#45 Archalien

Archalien

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:08 AM

my biggest complaint and really only major one is the lack of HD audio over hdmi on the elite.
Thats the only thing the ps3 does better than 360 imo....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users