Photo

Microsoft's Biggest Mistake With The 360 (excluding Rrod Issues)?

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Poll: Microsoft's Biggest Mistake With The 360 (excluding RRoD issues)?

Microsoft's Biggest Mistake With The 360 (excluding RRoD issue)?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 babypak

babypak

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:44 PM

I believe that the whole 360 was a joke PS3 all the way

#62 Software2

Software2

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Interests:Computing, gaming, and uh... is there anything else in life?
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:01 AM

I don't understand why the winning option is for a secondary feature. Are you telling me that 25% of people are more interested in watching movies on their 360 than they are playing games?

It seems to me that the largest issues would be those that impact your ability to play great games.
If you have problems that scratch your discs or otherwise render your system unplayable those would obviously be your top concerns. However, for the general public one single flaw impacts every single person: The lack of a mandatory hard drive.

#63 Undrtaker

Undrtaker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:39 PM

I think its the fact that they still use region locking

#64 taka912

taka912

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:36 PM

Optional hard drive, no questions asked. When you come out with a new console you're not supposed to downgrade the system. If the XBOX had an HD why would you in your right mind make it optional. Especially when you're adding downloadable demos, arcade games, and movies. No to mention the HD in the XBOX has 3 partions for games to use for cache, which considerable sped them up since they didn't have to depend on the DVD drive's speed for everything.

#65 Peter2028

Peter2028

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:43 PM

Overpriced Accessoires, The shitty D-pad, Making the HDD optional (Core system), all problems/mistakes IMO

#66 latino4l

latino4l

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE(etb @ Aug 2 2007, 12:18 PM) View Post

no it's not.
i've played gh2 for 3 days on a 2 week old console.
the console wasnt moved or anything and stood vertical on a cooling device witch also enshures it's stability.
on the third day the 360 won't read the disc (the disc wasn't moved out of the box an was new).
the disc was f***** up with circular scratches.
so don't belive anything that's "prooven" anyone paid by m$ ....

well if you were to even read the manual it says to not leave the games inside the console when you're turning it off so your gh2 is gone because of your stupid mistake and because your're too lazy to take out the disc when you're done playing

Edited by latino4l, 22 August 2007 - 12:31 PM.

#67 iLLNESS

iLLNESS

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:computers, video games, my gf, movies, drinking
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:18 PM

def media support

i only use my 360 for gaming because of it. it has no fucking support for anything i wanna use. its an iphone basically. it does nice things, but it doesnt do what i want it to

i wanna be able to stream videos off my pc without media center. i wanna play divx/xvid
i wanna be able to use it like xbmc essentially. i wanna put dvds on my pc and watch them over the network so i dont rape my dvdrom. is it really all that hard to ask for a good media player? i mean m$ is trying to sell this thing as an all in one accept for the inet. this is the only reason i still have my xbox sitting in my room turned on 24/7

#68 monkey00

monkey00

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:05 AM

Really the only gripe i have with the 360 is no divx or xvid.

apart from that its fucking excellent..

i feel the HDD lack on the core isnt a problem, i mean just spend a few extra bucks and get a premium. its not that expensive

#69 sjc200

sjc200

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:04 PM

Dumb question, I apologise. Ive looked all over and cant find it though.

What is RRod? huh.gif

#70 Yamthief

Yamthief

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE(sjc200 @ Aug 23 2007, 10:40 PM) View Post

Dumb question, I apologise. Ive looked all over and cant find it though.

What is RRod? huh.gif

Red Ring of Death. 3 red lights caused by absolutely terrible console design.

#71 Yamthief

Yamthief

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:23 PM

Where's the option for "All of the above"?

basically Microsoft could have had a console that could blow everything else clean out of the water but they fucked up big time.

the millions of XBMC owners all over the world show just how popular the idea of playing back whatever media type you want on your xbox is.

no hddvd on a supposed hi def console is just crazy. how much extra would i have cost them? this means the "next gen" console is left with the last gen's pitiful 9GB to put games on.

overpriced accessories - MS have always been shit at setting costs for everything. i got a 300GB sata2 hdd for only 25 a few months back. 70 for a 20gb is just ridiculous.

the fact theres no web browser just makes it less of a complete home media device.

the quality of the D-Pad and the headset just match the consoles terrible design and lack of cooling ability.

the lack of a hdd is just gay. the memory cards cant even hold the smallest video download so whats the point?

the noise produced isn't such a problem, if it was a little noisier and less intensely hot that might have actually been a bonus.

The drives scratching discs should have been sorted by Samsung immediately and M$ shouldn't have denied it happened for so long considering the evidence was all over the world.

Gold membership is insanely pricey considering multiplayer games on the PC are free to play online. I would have thought that people buying the games at the prices they are at would have funded the servers.

*huff* right.. rant over.

What i will say is even after all that stuff is wrong with the 360, it still kicks the shit out of the PS3, and Nintendo Wii is only fun for about 3 or 4 weeks before the novelty wears off.

#72 Legendary Badass

Legendary Badass

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 27 August 2007 - 10:49 PM

I voted noise, allow me to explain. No matter what, as long as it is on you have this noise to deal with. It doesn't matter is 1/3 the time you want to play Divx, if 100% of the time you have to hear a jet taking off. But it was a tough call, HD drive would have been nice, better D-pad, etc.

#73 zj695000

zj695000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 02:22 AM

even if your console is overheating and dying all the time, you cant enjoy games with a shitty controller.
being the coach of a pro gaming team, i must say the D-Pad is the worst part. Because if your design is terrible, how will games be any good?

#74 jrbl1

jrbl1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:23 AM

what about the overpriced items on XBOX Live. I think that Nickel and Diming should be on the list as well.

#75 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,499 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE(monkey00 @ Aug 23 2007, 04:41 AM) View Post

i feel the HDD lack on the core isnt a problem, i mean just spend a few extra bucks and get a premium. its not that expensive

the problem is that the developers can't depend on the harddrive being their, and as such it limits what the system can do. if it was a standard feature like on the first xbox, all games would utilize it alot more. i don't understand how the only thing that actually impacts the quality of the games is only 4th on the list!

Edited by Reaper527, 29 August 2007 - 07:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users