3 replies to this topic

#1 S1ack

S1ack

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:34 PM

I have modded 3 xboxen over the years. 2 for my own use one for a neighbor.

Started with a 1.0 box & Matrix mod chip. Moved onto the Xenium chips & have never looked back.

From time to time I've been forced to replace blown power supplies in various xboxen because of lightning damage.

Although this time it wasn't the power supply, lightning struck again, to my 'main' V 1.0 xbox. And took out it's ethernet port. Everything else (AFAIK) is fine. It boots to xbmc, I can watch the vids on the HDD, and it plays games from the HDD.

When I try to boot the retail kernal I get an error 21.

My question is this.. (somewhat noobish i suppose)...Can I pick up a v1.0 mobo from either ebay ot the BST forums on this site and resurrect my main xbox with a minimum of fuss?

By fuss, I mean dashboard version issues, eeprom version issues etc...
Plan being, to extract old mobo insert new, install xenium chip, boot the Xenium OS, follow ICE guide, and load retail kernal to one of my two free banks just in case. And then reboot to the M8 (executer [I think thats the name of it]) "normal everyday" bios & be done with it???

Don't use Live & so never really boot to retail kernal except to set crap like digital audio out, & tv format, & set time etc...

Thanks in advance (assuming this forum is still active)....

#2 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:57 PM

Hi,

it should work.

Just don't forget to unlock the harddisk before you swap the motherboards.

You can replace a chip on the defective motherboard, but it is a very difficult soldering job.

regards.

#3 S1ack

S1ack

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE(obcd @ Aug 1 2007, 08:33 PM) View Post

Hi,

it should work.

Just don't forget to unlock the harddisk before you swap the motherboards.

You can replace a chip on the defective motherboard, but it is a very difficult soldering job.

regards.

Gotta love this site....

Thanks, Unlock HDD got it. Stupid Question...If the current mobo is happy with HDD locked, (I assume it is as I recall that being one of the steps in the ice guide) why would the new mobo want it unlocked? Is this a requirement of Xenium OS.

That solder job - sounds like surface mount? Perhaps I can get someone at work to to do it.

#4 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:35 PM

the hdd is locked to the dead mobo. you have to unlock and lock it to the new. or you can just leave it unlocked (probably the safest in case the new/used modo dies)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users