2 replies to this topic

#1 meanstreakFR

meanstreakFR

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:48 PM

Hi all.

Gotta say I love XBMC and am forever chopping and changing skins to wow my kids.

Question / Suggestion.

Is it possible to display 2 graphical images on the movies/films/dvd list at the same time? To explain...

I always download from a cdcovers website to get my dvd images and that has the full image - spine included. Is it possible to create a list like the dvd view of all the spines side by side (like they would be up on a shelf) running across the top of the screen with an info window underneath showing title imdb and stuff if added to library and finally a front on view to the right of that.

Please don't flame me with the "get off yer arse and do it then" because my coding skills are nearly as crappy as my graphical ones smile.gif

I have tried to change the dvd view to close up the gaps between them and increase the size but failed miserably and still didnt conquer the fron view at the same time.

Thanks for listening

Brent.

Edited by meanstreakFR, 02 August 2007 - 10:55 PM.

#2 contradict

contradict

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:41 AM

I actually like this idea quite a bit. could be animated to pull out the dvd you select

#3 meanstreakFR

meanstreakFR

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:05 AM

Thought about the animation idea but didnt know if it was too tricky to implement. The biggest problem I don't know how to overcome is how to associate more than one image to a file. film.avi and film.tbn is the current setup but I guess it would require a bit of hefty coding to add another association to a file.

Hmm. Just think though.... Front cover.jpg, Spine.jpg and Back cover.jpg what could you do with that.

NM just my mind thinking again hehe.

If anyone wants spine jpg's lemme know cos I have a few here just in case.

Brent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users