X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:23 PM

@ FallsInc
Respect , I hope you find a good laywer.and you can see your Girlfriend and baby very soon again.
I mean, first see them back, for support. then find a good laywer

@ everyone
Keep on modding
keep Linux running on your Xbox !!!
Dont let the dmca or anyone else scare you.
<keep respecting the law, >

ph34r.gif Laterz

#137 LiLJiMMy

LiLJiMMy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:27 PM

Isn't it a little late to be attacking the Xbox chippers since the Xbox pretty much has no new games comming out. Wouldnt all modding purposes to be extending the short lived life of the xbox with XBMC and linux

Who would want to pirate Xbox games now when there all declining in price under $30 ?

Edited by LiLJiMMy, 03 August 2007 - 06:29 PM.

#138 XDelusion

XDelusion

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Interests:DOOM, Star Wars (Books Comics), Natural Law.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:33 PM

The State should not have so much control over the individual's life! It is highly ironic that hard drugs and heavy weapons litter our streets, even after this so called Homeland Security. All that has occured since 911, is big business has been given more and more privlages, while our rights which we were born with and not given, are being raped by the state.
This is B.S. in FULL effect!

If it was me in his shoes, I'm sure I would have gotten violent.

#139 Awes0me Dude

Awes0me Dude

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:34 PM

I feel sorry for how his life got throw around, but it's his own doing. When you get involved in this sort of thing you have to be aware of the consequences. When you join the army, expect to go to war. Maybe our laws are too strict regarding backups etc. but they are laws right now, and he knew what he was doing.

#140 leesiulung

leesiulung

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE(dr3yec @ Aug 3 2007, 03:47 PM) View Post

You know what I love the most. It is ICE raiding for modchips, but what about the illegal aliens in this country. Illegals are bringing serious crimes to this country. I think ICE should worry more about illegal aliens. 20 million illegals stealing jobs, raping, drinking and driving, taking are welfare and I can go on. Let me see modchips is games and more games. Doesnt seem to be as bad to me. ICE and government need to go after a hell alot of worse crime. Like get the illegals! You think ICE? And my tax dollars goes to this shit. Get real.

I take offense to your comment about illegal aliens. Illegal aliens are here because we (as in the goverment) allow it. Raping and drunk driving happens in society regardless of illegal aliens. They MAY take jobs from Americans, but most of the jobs they performed are unwanted or underpaid so you can have a cheaper product or service. I'm not saying cheaper is justified, but namely saying that is what happens with competition because consumers always want a cheaper product.

To sum it up, we are all at fault for this. We do not voice our opinion loud enough and not enough is being done by the regular US citizen to oppose these laws. I say it is not the illegal aliens fault, but rather the law that allows this or not being upheld!

Illegal aliens are just making a living. I would probably do the same if I was piss poor trying to make ends meet. I wish all these people complaining about illegal aliens would live in their shoe for a month in their country, then come talk to me...

To put in perspective, fallsinc did something potentially illegal and he knew it. He has plenty of opportunity to do other things such as getting a better education, getting trained in a skill or just do a regular job like many other Americans. America offers many opportunities and has many of the best Universities in the world compared to poor countries like Mexico. I say he has plenty of opportunity to do something else than doing something in the legal gray zone.

He now has to suffer the consequences for this and the excuse that he has to feed himself does not hold. He is free to get a legal job or get better educated. Illegal aliens did not have the same opportunity in their country.

However, I do think that modchips should be legal in the US!

Edited by leesiulung, 03 August 2007 - 06:39 PM.

#141 kopking

kopking

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:38 PM

This is such a sad story, it's so pathetic that they've taken this action against someone from adding modifications to peoples own equpiment with their permission. If only they'd take the same sort of action towards real crimes made by rapists, paedophiles, thieves and murderers (just because the guy installs modchips does not make him a thief, mostly this issue would be down to the owner of the console) Well I really do hope that something good comes of this for people like this, it really does show what sort of world we live in when someone can commit a real crime and have their world covered up when some poor guy trying to make a buck gets his whole world turned upside down

#142 TeamDevil

TeamDevil

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:53 PM

Can't find osama bin laden but you can find some guy's grandmas house to harrass him for doing something that isn't really illegal. Big companies always win over the little guys.

Obama for president!

#143 mukmaster

mukmaster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:01 PM

Hey fallsinc. your A good guy,your human and you were just trying to make a buck like the rest of us. There is a few things I would like to state. as if microsoft's pockets aren't deep enough the actually do lose about 35-40 bucks on every original xbox sold. This is why they dont like the chipperz ; because they cost microsoft dollars.
I also read a book (hacking the Xbox by , Andrew (bunnie) Haung) It talks about allot of the legal aspects to hacking and reverse engineering. He pointed out because of intellectual property law it's techinacly illeagle to open and xbox,ps2,..ect. even know you payed your hard earned money for it.

I am really sorry that all of this is happening and I will hope the best that you can get your girl friend back. I hope you get your stuff back.

BEST OF LUCK

#144 skinlayers

skinlayers

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:05 PM

A piece of advice from someone who has dealt with Federal law enforcement before.

These people (like the FBI and CIA) let their reputations do most of the work for them.

FallsInc should have refused to talk to them until a he had a lawyer present. Even though he was not arrested his still has the legal right to have an attorney present while he was being questioned. They love it when people panic and just tell them or give them everything they want. By co-operating he may have hurt himself and made their case against him a lot easier. The ones that visited him at his girlfriend's place were nice because they were manipulating him to let him guard down.

Knowing your local laws is good. Having a legal expert is even better.

Don't make the same mistake. If you are being questioned demand to have a lawyer present!!!!!

skinlayers

grr.gif

#145 Nemo[

Nemo[

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:12 PM

Should the justice system focus on hard drugs and violence more? Yes!

Does that change the fact that he's making money from something that's illegal (in said country) ? No!

Why should we feel sorry for him getting caught? How is it any different from the next guy selling bootlegs or drugs? It's not like they don't have families or it's personal use.

Edited by Nemo[, 03 August 2007 - 07:16 PM.

#146 jimbobjim

jimbobjim

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Interests:Sniffing farts under the covers.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE(blaize @ Aug 3 2007, 12:41 PM) View Post

But come on people, for everyone who ever modded an xbox.. we knew that it was illigal
It's like.. if a person killed 10 people, and the police arrests someone elsewho killed 1 person, what should he say? "why go after the little guys ?!".
I feel bad for you getting into trouble, but hey. you knew it could happen someday.

I vote this the stupidest comment in this thread. Who's with me?

#147 Nemo[

Nemo[

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE(jimbobjim @ Aug 3 2007, 08:56 PM) View Post

I vote this the stupidest comment in this thread. Who's with me?

Irony?

#148 skinlayers

skinlayers

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE(mukmaster @ Aug 3 2007, 11:37 AM) View Post

as if microsoft's pockets aren't deep enough the actually do lose about 35-40 bucks on every original xbox sold. This is why they dont like the chipperz ; because they cost microsoft dollars.
I also read a book (hacking the Xbox by , Andrew (bunnie) Haung) It talks about allot of the legal aspects to hacking and reverse engineering. He pointed out because of intellectual property law it's techinacly illeagle to open and xbox,ps2,..ect. even know you payed your hard earned money for it.

Yeah, and when you 'buy' a DVD, you aren't 'buying' a DVD. You are buying a license to play that DVD on a licensed DVD player. So playing a DVD that you bought under linux (which doesn't have any license players) is illegal. F**k that! What ever happened to fair use?

This exactly why I softmod Xboxes (an DVD players in general) for free. The way I see it, M$ owes me. As an IT professional I have lost countless hours 'fixing' their shitty software. And my time is worth money. As I spend night after night gathering drivers for sysprep, and I glance enviously at my Mac coworkers who are able to just create an image on Mac without a fraction of the headache. And now we have Vista pushed down are throats? No thank you. I'm not going to sit here and promote piracy (mostly because I love my XS account smile.gif ), but I do love the thought of a modded Xbox that is used for legal purposes (like XBMC), that never has a single game purchased for it, thus causing M$ to lose a few bucks... it just warms the cockles of my heart.

My roommate gets back at them by posting singles ads aimed at bored wifes of M$ employees smile.gif. This is my way.

ph34r.gif

skinlayers

#149 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE(skinlayers @ Aug 3 2007, 03:05 PM) View Post

This exactly why I softmod Xboxes (an DVD players in general) for free. The way I see it, M$ owes me. As an IT professional I have lost countless hours 'fixing' their shitty software. And my time is worth money. As I spend night after night gathering drivers for sysprep, and I glance enviously at my Mac coworkers who are able to just create an image on Mac without a fraction of the headache. And now we have Vista pushed down are throats? No thank you. I'm not going to sit here and promote piracy (mostly because I love my XS account smile.gif ), but I do love the thought of a modded Xbox that is used for legal purposes (like XBMC), that never has a single game purchased for it, thus causing M$ to lose a few bucks... it just warms the cockles of my heart..

ph34r.gif

skinlayers

You don't like the MS products... don't use them.

#150 DuBob4432

DuBob4432

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:51 PM

looking at this from a different view, isn't homeland security and ice suppose to be doing other things than this? i could see your local law enforcement doing this but ice?

i have been on the wrong end of a raid in the past (not for this type of thing but for "supposed harassment by using a computer" and i had 2 police depts in a small 1000sq ft apartment - first half dozen were in full gear - not swat but had the full body armor w/ mp5s and m4s, possibly a couple steyrs too. had a total of ~15 w/ all the detectives and such. i have been around guns my whole life so wasn't too impressed or intimidated when they came through the door after i let them - knock warrant (now when i was confronted by a crackhead w/ a gun who got the draw on me, that was a bit of fear, but i knew the cops weren't going to shoot me but the crackhead would have, haha)

anyway, within a few minutes the cops realized the accusers (family) were full of shit but they still had to take the "evidence" which was every computer in our apt at the time - mine, my wife's and a few friends that i was working on - nothing illegal, and it took about 10mos to get them back w/ the help of a aclu attorney after they had gone through the police's forensic lab and found not to have anything on them.

during the "raid" they questioned me but the detective was green and i was able to easily to control the "questioning" as we did have a bit of lead time on this and had already seen an attorney, plus i think the detective felt like an ass anyway after he heard "the other side". we would talk about meaningless shit and then he would try his "tactics" on me at which point i just said he would need to talk to my attorney and they didn't pressure on. also, they had come to the apt a few days earlier and asked if they could look around, i said do yo have a warrant and they replied no, so i said you have no right, get a warrant if you really feel it necessary (guess they did, haha).

so back to what i was saying - op - good luck in gettng your stuff back but don't wait as it will be a long time. the stuff against me was all bullshit and they still had my computers for 10mos.

when facing the judge AFTER YOU GET AN ATTORNEY definitely bring up ms using xbmc or whatever it is called at E3 - maybe ms will be raided too, haha.

good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users