Photo

Will The Feds Go After Customers Of Modchip Stores?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 csquared587

csquared587

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:58 PM

Ive been doing a lot of reading on the modchip raids, and Im wondering if customers will be contacted as well? I have seen people saying it could go either way, but what do you think?

#2 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:02 PM

I dont think they will, there is just too many modders for them to catch. They are mainly focusing on the places who distribute the chips

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:29 PM

They may do. Some of the bigger purchasers. they did confiscate computer equipment and records, so they are likely to be building a database.

#4 csquared587

csquared587

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE(Chancer @ Aug 3 2007, 09:05 PM) View Post

They may do. Some of the bigger purchasers. they did confiscate computer equipment and records, so they are likely to be building a database.

Man, that would be horrible, and many people would be screwed. I definitely wouldn't be considered one of the biggest purchasers though. Ive only had two orders, 1 install and 1 removal.

I just started to really get into modding about 3 weeks ago, and now all of this happens, what timing.

#5 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:57 PM

All the stuff that went down in the US has already happened in the Uk previously. Suppliers were raided and shut down for selling chips and the supply of chips became a big no here when the Playstation 2 chips was declared illegal for much the same reasons. My supplier took his business to another country to avoid this. I had to remove all my web adverts for supplying or fitting Modchips.
I doubt they will chase customers who bought a couple of chips. I would bet they go after customers who have bought regularly and in quantity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users