5 replies to this topic

#1 NaN

NaN

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:43 PM

The situation its as follow:
-I received my XBOX from Techincal support office with no repair because they said i openned that. Well that was truth, so I tried to fix it myself.
-I opened the xbox360 and replace the X for crews(one popular mod), I also check the motherbard with tha hair dryer and I also installed the coins mod....I also installed a 6 cm fan, directly to the MD(12v) but stop to work after some minutes, i think it got broken.
-Thats fine, i wicthed on with all close and the DVD doednt stop to open and the LED(in between the 3RL) dont stop to blink.
-The 3Rred ligths are still there, but that is not my real problem now, my real problem its the stupid DVD dont stop to open.
-If I close manually, the DVD start to do a lot of noise, like triying to read something, but its nothing inside....
-I thougth maybe during the transportation the xbox got broken, but I swicthed on before open the xbox to check if the 3RL wee still there....and sure they were.

So look like I did something wrong during my modifications.
What could be? I didnt touch the DVD for anything, so changing the dvd wil not fix the problem, i think the problem could be in the MB...
Any idea? unsure.gif

Thanks in advance.

#2 NaN

NaN

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE(NaN @ Aug 4 2007, 02:19 PM) View Post

The situation its as follow:
-I received my XBOX from Techincal support office with no repair because they said i openned that. Well that was truth, so I tried to fix it myself.
-I opened the xbox360 and replace the X for crews(one popular mod), I also check the motherbard with tha hair dryer and I also installed the coins mod....I also installed a 6 cm fan, directly to the MD(12v) but stop to work after some minutes, i think it got broken.
-Thats fine, i wicthed on with all close and the DVD doednt stop to open and the LED(in between the 3RL) dont stop to blink.
-The 3Rred ligths are still there, but that is not my real problem now, my real problem its the stupid DVD dont stop to open.
-If I close manually, the DVD start to do a lot of noise, like triying to read something, but its nothing inside....
-I thougth maybe during the transportation the xbox got broken, but I swicthed on before open the xbox to check if the 3RL wee still there....and sure they were.

So look like I did something wrong during my modifications.
What could be? I didnt touch the DVD for anything, so changing the dvd wil not fix the problem, i think the problem could be in the MB...
Any idea? unsure.gif

Thanks in advance.

Oh BTW, i want to menthion that I also disconect the DVd from SATA and Power and the ligth still blinking..... sad.gif

#3 pimpmaul69

pimpmaul69

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:34 PM

there is a chip on the dvd motherboard that you probably fried if the fans had failed and overheated... check the board and see if the long chip on the board has a hole blown out of it

#4 NaN

NaN

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE(pimpmaul69 @ Aug 4 2007, 06:10 PM) View Post

there is a chip on the dvd motherboard that you probably fried if the fans had failed and overheated... check the board and see if the long chip on the board has a hole blown out of it

Where is that chip, on the DVD? or on the MB of the xbox360?

Because if that is on the DVd its impossible that got broke since:
Frist time, 3rL, but DVD working fine
Later. Open console, unistall DVD, applied mods
And finally, install DVD again with no touch anything on it, and then DVD doesnt work propertly....

I think maybe its something on the MB, some screws its touching anything or........beh i dont know, seems the DVD its broken, but how come if i didnt do anything to it.... sad.gif

Edited by NaN, 04 August 2007 - 06:39 PM.

#5 pimpmaul69

pimpmaul69

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 August 2007 - 08:53 PM

you said the fan stopped working wich overheats dvd drive and fries chip on dvd drives circuit board

#6 NaN

NaN

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE(pimpmaul69 @ Aug 4 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

you said the fan stopped working wich overheats dvd drive and fries chip on dvd drives circuit board

Oh, I know what you mean. But the fan Broke i think because it was so small and the power was so high for that fan. I changed the fan for a little bit bigger one and work perfect.
You think due to the fan i installed when that got broken, could broke also some circuit of the DVD?
Maybe but, let me update some information.

Yesterday since i was so desperate, I unisnstall all th emods i did(coind, screws instead of X, fan, etc...) When i was in the middle of the unisntalling, i plug in the power, and the DVD and.....THAT WORKS!!!! I mean, the red ligth was constant, not blinking, and the dvd tray doesnt opened until i presh the push button. So I continue unistalling the mods and when all teh mods was completie iunistaling, I tried again and.....start to fail again....
Ufff I though something was touching or doing anything wrong, but after I quit everithing, the problem pear again.
Im really desperate, what can i do? unsure.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users