Photo

Overlord - Sending Minions Back To Tower?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rmcelwee

rmcelwee

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:59 AM

Is there a way to do this without going back to the tower myself?

i.e. I have 25 blues (max) and I'd like to send 5 back to the tower so I can put 5 reds in my group. I'm getting tired of going all the way back to the tower (waiting on load times) to do this swap. Thanks!

#2 FCTE

FCTE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:24 AM

QUOTE(rmcelwee @ Aug 6 2007, 09:35 PM) View Post

Is there a way to do this without going back to the tower myself?

i.e. I have 25 blues (max) and I'd like to send 5 back to the tower so I can put 5 reds in my group. I'm getting tired of going all the way back to the tower (waiting on load times) to do this swap. Thanks!

Why do they need to go back to the tower?

You can put them back in the holes you summons them from, usually near the teleports for yourself. Just highlight the corresponding hole and click the right trigger to send one back, repeat as necessary.

This is all explained in the tutorial in the beginning of the game. You played through this far and you didn't get that yet? You know you can restore your health and mana by sacrifing them into the red (health) and blue (mana) pits along the way right?

Edited by FCTE, 07 August 2007 - 04:28 AM.

#3 rmcelwee

rmcelwee

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:59 PM

Thanks! I must have missed that. It doesn't mention it in the docs but I knew there had to be a way. I'm stuck in the game right now and I'm not really sure if I have to start from the beginning again or not. I am currently in the Brewery and trying to take the elevator down to the Brewery #2 but one of my red spokes is missing. Yes, missing. I picked it up and didn't watch my minion who had it. Now the thing is gone and I have no idea where. I kill every dwarf on the level, bust every barrel, break everything and just walk around for hours trying to find it. Ugh!!! I'm pretty sure it was originally laying just a very short walk from the red wheel (close to where the large beer barrel blocking the treasure room was) but it is gone now. At first I thought I was crazy but it isn't the only bug I have found in the Brewery. Earlier I was able to make my minions go through a door (kind of around it - where the hinges would be) without it being open. I just swept them in and they killed all the dwarves behind it and brought out the treasure. Very strange!

Edited by rmcelwee, 07 August 2007 - 02:05 PM.

#4 rmcelwee

rmcelwee

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:10 PM

Ah! Just did a search and found that it definitely is a bug and I am not going insane. I found a page that talks about a patch for the PC version of the game for this same issue. I'll have to find out if there is an XBox360 patch for it. Hmm... I guess I need to log on to live or something to get the patch.

#5 FCTE

FCTE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:41 AM

Yeah that glitch is a game ender right there. I remember hearing about it from others.

You will get stuck trying to carry artifacts to teleports to, it's an outstanding game, but FULL of bugs.

Edited by FCTE, 08 August 2007 - 12:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users