AG Wolf

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:58 PM

My xbox is softmodded using the ltools/PBL installer, I let it install EvoX then I switched it with UX a couple years ago and have never looked back. Upgraded to a 200gb hard drive, everything is working beautifully. I use component cables on a non-HD tv, still 480i of course, but much clearer and crisper picture.

A buddy of mine trashed his hard drive with a botched soft mod. Lost everything except his eeprom (phew). I downloaded a package someone made, they built up a dual-boot retail/UX XBHDM setup and basically said "put your eeprom.bin file into the proper folder and it will do the rest" I used xbhdm to upgrade the hard drive in my own xbox, i know what I was doing. I made the iso, burned the disc, and rebuilt my friend's hard drive from scratch. The thing works pretty good.. I updated to the newest version of UX as well... I would have liked to put it back to retail and then done the ltools installer, but whatever. There's just one problem, though...

When I have component cables and load the UX dash, the picture gets retarded... it's fine in the MS Dash, no problems there, but UX can't seem to handle it. I can't find any info in the config.xml to change it manually then ftp it back over, I wrote down all the button presses needed to get to the video settings menu and maybe disable 480p (I wondered if maybe it was automatically turned on when component cables were connected) but that didn't work either.

I'm kinda bummed :/ Am I doing something wrong? Did I overlook something trivial.. I figure if it worked fine on my own machine, why shouldn't it be fine on this one. Thanks in advance for any help smile.gif

#2 mtsaint

mtsaint

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:55 PM

could be a cuople of things is your friends tv or xbox pal and the the tv or xbox ntsc this will cause screens errors. you can try to set force pal 60 in the MSDASH that might fix it orrr..,..
sounds like a linux distro common problem if you get a precompiled installer it might fix the problem. see linux cant output in component you need to use composite .

#3 AG Wolf

AG Wolf

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 19 August 2007 - 03:14 PM

Nope, tv and console are both NTSC.

I know one thing, though.... if I use component cables, and say I were donig the lTools installer on a normal xbox, the screen gets all garbled during the linux text stuff, but it's fine everywhere else (M$ Dash, MXM on open with eject disc, UX dash on power button, etc). The same jumbled picture signal I get on the Linux install screen with the mod I'm familiar with is teh same pattern I get on UnleashX with my friend's xbox... I can't imagine Unleash X runs under a linux shell or command system or anything, since it works fine on my own machine with component cables.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users