Photo

Possible To Finish Overlord With "red Spoke" Bug?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rmcelwee

rmcelwee

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:07 PM

I screwed up and didn't turn the wheel in the Brewery after I found the 2nd missing red spoke and now the bug has gotten me. Anyone know if I can actually finish the game without completing the Brewery mission?

Description of the bug:
The Dwarven Brewery has two levels. You must turn a wheel to raise an elevator that gets you from the top level to the bottom level. The wheel is missing two of it's spokes, and you must retrieve those to be able to descend to the lower level. If you attach the second spoke you come across, but leave the map without turning the wheel, the wheel will be missing a spoke when you return, and the spoke will no longer be in the level to collect. This means the wheel cannot be repaired and neither the elevator to the deeper brewery nor the gate to the other side of the mountain can be activated. This prevents further progress in the game.

#2 FCTE

FCTE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE(rmcelwee @ Aug 7 2007, 04:43 PM) View Post

I screwed up and didn't turn the wheel in the Brewery after I found the 2nd missing red spoke and now the bug has gotten me. Anyone know if I can actually finish the game without completing the Brewery mission?
Description of the bug:
The Dwarven Brewery has two levels. You must turn a wheel to raise an elevator that gets you from the top level to the bottom level. The wheel is missing two of it's spokes, and you must retrieve those to be able to descend to the lower level. If you attach the second spoke you come across, but leave the map without turning the wheel, the wheel will be missing a spoke when you return, and the spoke will no longer be in the level to collect. This means the wheel cannot be repaired and neither the elevator to the deeper brewery nor the gate to the other side of the mountain can be activated. This prevents further progress in the game.

Not without a patch, you have to start the game over as far as I remember from hearing other players who ran into the bug. Luckily, I never got it.

The bottom level of the brewery is where the Arcane Smelter is, without the Arcane Smelter you cannot create the Helmet you need to have 50 minions at once, which you might need for the last bosses.

You need to complete the brewery to kill the boss, I believe the levels are sequential to some extent.

Edited by FCTE, 08 August 2007 - 12:47 AM.

#3 rmcelwee

rmcelwee

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:47 AM

Damn! Now I just have to figure out if I am going to start over or just say screw it and play another game. Thanks!

#4 Knasen

Knasen

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:35 AM

I read on the official overlord forums that the coming 360 patch will make your existing savegames to work with the fixed brewery bug, so either just wait for the patch or restart your game... your choice.

#5 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:16 PM

yeah.. makes it a good idea to change autosave spots every now and again.

#6 rmcelwee

rmcelwee

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE(ILLusions0fGrander @ Aug 8 2007, 06:52 PM) View Post

yeah.. makes it a good idea to change autosave spots every now and again.

Now you tell me <G>. I started again yesterday. Will take me a while to get to where I was at before. UGH!!!

I've also been bitten TWICE on other things. I sat the green hive on a hill and the minions wouldn't move it once they picked it back up and I got squeezed between the green hive and a tree. I couldn't move forward or backward and the minions wouldn't move either. In both instances I had to end the game and start at my last autosave.

#7 FCTE

FCTE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE(rmcelwee @ Aug 9 2007, 06:58 AM) View Post

Now you tell me <G>. I started again yesterday. Will take me a while to get to where I was at before. UGH!!!

I've also been bitten TWICE on other things. I sat the green hive on a hill and the minions wouldn't move it once they picked it back up and I got squeezed between the green hive and a tree. I couldn't move forward or backward and the minions wouldn't move either. In both instances I had to end the game and start at my last autosave.

There are a few tower artifacts where the minions will get stuck carrying them to the teleport on invisible boundaries in the game...........kind of like the AI should see the boundaries, but not stop on them. It's got a lot of bad code.

However, if the minions get stuck carrying an artifact or something to the teleport (It's going to happen in the desert and at heavens peak castle) you can override the AI by highlighting the minions while they are carrying something by holding down the right trigger and using the left thumbstick.

I can't believe the game has not been patched yet. I bought it on release and that was a while ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users