Photo

Forget About Xlink-kai & Xbconnect. Use Leaf!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jagosix

Jagosix

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:47 AM

Hello Fellow Gamers. We've all wanted a program that'll let us play X360 / Xbox /ps3 /ps2 / PC whatever on our on private network utilizing the internet. You know a sort of system link type setup without PSN or XBlive. Well I've tried Xlink-kai (which sucks on X360), but it works great on xbox/ps2/psp/ etc. games. The same goes for Xbconnect. Now comes along a program called Leaf networks. This thing is a GodSend. It' works great with all of the current system link X360 games. Here's the link http://www.leafnetworks.net

What's also another kool thing .. it's totally 100% freeware. These guys are working on a Linux version with a MAC version to follow after that. Simple to install & ez to setup. I've already made a small list of people to network with so we did a little testing to put his baby through the ringer & it passed with flying colors on all the X360 system link games. So those of you that have a modded & or a Banned system can also play online by setting up your own private game network. So give it a try & give me some feedback on your experience with it.

My Leaf ID is Jagosix

BTW. I've already setup a gaming sever for those of you that wish to connect to the network. The Leaf ID for it is CyberConnection. So.. post your Leaf ID & I'll add it to the server.

#2 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:53 PM

i find it hard to believe that this would get around the ping limit on the 360 ..

edit: this is right out of the leaf forums ..

unlike the xbox, the 360 has a built in ping limiter, to prevent people from tunneling LAN signals over the internet. If people using LAN mode are really on a LAN, the pings will be minimal. Thus, if a lan game has a ping that's over the threshold (50ms for some games, 30ms for GoW i think?) it will simply not let you join.

Xbox live, meanwhile, has no such ping limitation. It's simply a case of Microsoft breaking something free to make their corporate offering more attractive.

so its no different than xlink or xbc as far as 360 goes in any way, shape or form .. its prolly worse actually considering you have to join a specific per person server ..

IMO if you want a VPN (which is what this leaf thing is) try www.hamachi.cc

Edited by c-2, 08 August 2007 - 07:23 PM.

#3 BAM440

BAM440

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:36 AM

If i have games on my harddrive will this work for online as well with this program?
If so,is there a way i can find servers to connect o?

#4 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:42 AM

That works on Xbconnect and Kai already.

Backups will work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users