4 replies to this topic

#1 jerrspud

jerrspud

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:40 PM

Hello,
Iíve been reading the forums for a few weeks now and I have learned a lot. I killed my other xbox tying to do a mod and I have a replacement on the way, but it has a hardrive that is dying.

Do you have to have your xbox modded in some way soft/hard to put in a original drive? Iíll have two other xbox hard drives that are fine, but I need to mod it because of a serial number issue?

From what I understand this is what I need to do.

1.I have to mod my xbox because you need to get the eprom.bin file from the old one and the only way to ftp the xbox is to have it modded. I have a chip that Iíll install.

2.Use config magic to get the eprom.bin file and back it up to my pc.

3.Copy the old drive to a new drive with something like xboxhdm

4.bunch of locking and unlocking stuff and dashboard install or I think I can use the original one too if the drive is just copied. (still figuring this part out)

I just want to make sure Iím on the right track here. thanx

#2 jerrspud

jerrspud

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:58 PM

grr..
Moderator can you move this to the hardware thread? I posted in the wrong place and I can't find the option do delete or move this topic rolleyes.gif

#3 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:15 PM

if you have a chip installed just hook the new hard drive up and download slayers disc or aid

#4 Corvillus

Corvillus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE(jerrspud @ Aug 8 2007, 12:16 PM) View Post

Hello,
Iíve been reading the forums for a few weeks now and I have learned a lot. I killed my other xbox tying to do a mod and I have a replacement on the way, but it has a hardrive that is dying.

Do you have to have your xbox modded in some way soft/hard to put in a original drive? Iíll have two other xbox hard drives that are fine, but I need to mod it because of a serial number issue?

From what I understand this is what I need to do.

1.I have to mod my xbox because you need to get the eprom.bin file from the old one and the only way to ftp the xbox is to have it modded. I have a chip that Iíll install.

2.Use config magic to get the eprom.bin file and back it up to my pc.

3.Copy the old drive to a new drive with something like xboxhdm

4.bunch of locking and unlocking stuff and dashboard install or I think I can use the original one too if the drive is just copied. (still figuring this part out)

I just want to make sure Iím on the right track here. thanx

1. You don't necessarily need it modded, but you do need to be running an FTP server off the Xbox. Usually, you would be modded in order to do this...but you typically also have an FTP server running when you use a gamesave exploit before even doing the softmod. In other words...you could grab a softmod installer kit (Krayzie's would be best), back up the EEPROM, FTP it to your PC, and not go through with the rest of the softmod if you want.

2. If you're chipped, you don't need to use configmagic to get the EEPROM because the chip bypasses the need to lock the drive. In addition, the chip can lock and unlock the drive even if you don't have the EEPROM backup. That said...you may want to keep a copy of the EEPROM just in case. As for the software solution, you're best booting into the gamesave exploit and getting the EEPROM that way than using configmagic.

3. Correct (both drives need to be unlocked at this point).

4. XboxHDM does this if you have the EEPROM, if not, your chip can do this, so you don't really need to do anything special here unless you want a hacked dashboard at the end of the day.

#5 jerrspud

jerrspud

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:08 PM

thank you Corvillus

very helpfull

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users