Photo

Soft-mod Boots Into Original Dashboard, Sometimes, Help!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nathan219

Nathan219

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:I love playing video games, talking on forums about technical stuff, modding my 360, Heather (my GF)
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:11 PM

Ok, basically what happens is that sometimes my xbox will boot into the Clock, making me confirm it, then I would have to put in a game to make it start the game, then take it out, and it would be in my XBOX Media center.

I was wondering why this happens, its pretty annoying. I'm not sure if I picked (using Auto Installer) the NDure with the ability to dual boot or not. If I did, how can I get rid of it so it doesn't boot it, like, If i can just get rid of the old dashboard (unsure of its file locations at the moment) without hurting the mod?

Also, the HDD is an upgraded one, to a 300GB

#2 krizalid

krizalid

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:29 PM

return your softmod to stock, meaning retail Dashboard (don't worry about 300 hdd), after that make sure your dash is 5960, if not, update to it with games like halo 2 using the xbox live feature.

After that, Install your softmod via the gamesave exploit (if), and make sure that it's a recent and updated exploit so you don't suffer this again.

#3 mtsaint

mtsaint

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:42 PM

LOL's wait there is usually a a dula boot on softmods pressing the power key on xbox will boot to softmod while pressing the eject key will boot to msdash try this frist also before you undo your softmod your hardrive will have to be locked or it wont boot to stock msdash

Edited by mtsaint, 09 August 2007 - 10:46 PM.

#4 Nathan219

Nathan219

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:I love playing video games, talking on forums about technical stuff, modding my 360, Heather (my GF)
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:07 AM

I thought of doing that, just a do over.... I'm trying to remember how I would do it. Was there a setting on Auto Installer, or something... I've done it before.

Also, I've booted it both ways and they do the same thing

#5 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:54 AM

If you have shadowc enabled then rename/delete xboxdash.xbe from shadowc..

#6 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:41 AM

Hi,

it is suposed to work that way.

your xbox clock is powered by a large capacitor if you remove the power cord. It will still keep the time for a couple of hours. After a overnight without power, it will loose it's time. That's why the xbox boots up in it's time setting screen. Most modern dashes nowadays synchronise the clock with a time server making the manual setting unnecessairy.

You can just hit the A button and perform a IGR (Left + Right trigger + Back + Black in my case) It should also jump to your xbmc dashboard. No need to insert a game disk.

I used the nkpatcher11_U04 with its ernie.xtf. When I remove or rename the clock.xbe file in the e:\nkp11 folder, the clock setting screen doesn't come up anymore.

regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users