• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 nachonut

nachonut

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Interests:I install all mods for XBOX. You need it done, I can do it. PM me or email me nachonut@nyc.rr.com

Posted 03 June 2003 - 08:40 PM

Alright, here ya go guys.. As for now this is just to satisfy the few of you that keep asking me about this mod.

To get the network activity led on the outside of your xbox just do this.
NOTE; There are 2 differnt kinds of network setups in the xbox, one is in the following picture with the lights exposed, the other is an enclosed one. As for that one I need to play around and get a tut out for that. So here's the one for the exposed lights.

All you need to do is set up your basic 5v power source and resistor(or whatever, just make sure you use the proper resistor).
Now run the power line to the right side of your led, and the ground of your led is going to solder onto the left one of the legs of the orangeish/yellowish light (the left one that you look at from the inside of your xbox), as viewed in this picture.
user posted image
I took this pic from a customers xbox... just to make this fast.
And that's it. When you do anything through your network, this will flash like crazy!

Now this should satisfy you for now, I will find the points for the ground in the enclosed network one. If you're wondering what this is, you see how you can see the lights and exposed wires in this pic.. well the other one is total enclosed with a metal "case" around it. So i know there has to be a bottom point or something around it, just gotta put some time into it and follow the traces for ya.

#2 wolverine-

wolverine-

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 08:45 PM

thank you, i'm running of to try this right now smile.gif

#3 hirme

hirme

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • Interests:dehhh xbox modding:D
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 03 June 2003 - 09:06 PM

nice!
thx for that.. gonna try it now;)
still wainting for the power button LED tutorial biggrin.gif

Edit: but where is the 5V source that you are talking about?
TIA

Edited by hirme, 03 June 2003 - 09:10 PM.

#4 nachonut

nachonut

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Interests:I install all mods for XBOX. You need it done, I can do it. PM me or email me nachonut@nyc.rr.com

Posted 03 June 2003 - 09:29 PM

I just splice off of the red hard drive wire.. that's 5v... the power button is just basically a lot of god damn work

#5 wolverine-

wolverine-

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 09:35 PM

Hmm, I have done the mod now... but I was a bit suprised... my box seem to have network activity all the time.. eaven when i'm playing games....
a bit wierd...

#6 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 03 June 2003 - 09:38 PM

Hd activity?

Edited by Heet, 03 June 2003 - 09:40 PM.

#7 wolverine-

wolverine-

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 09:57 PM

no it's not hd activity... the original network activityb led is also flashing all the time....

#8 nachonut

nachonut

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 10:04 PM

The xbox network activity led will flash every once and a while, but never stay on constantly. If this is happening just check your ground connection, if it's touching any metal on your xbox it will stay on all the time, and make sure it's connected to the correct leg

#9 jammi

jammi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 June 2003 - 10:57 PM

just done the lan mod think it looks oki not gonna do anything more im not to into painting it anyway tell me what u think thx nachonut
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#10 nx-neon

nx-neon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (jammi @ Jun 4 2003, 12:57 AM)
just done the lan mod think it looks oki not gonna do anything more im not to into painting it anyway tell me what u think thx nachonut
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

ok, how the hell do you make those fancy little light up things in the corner of your box???? I NEED TO KNOW THIS LOL..
tia
d

#11 loveisweakness

loveisweakness

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 01:55 AM

i cant say for sure myself but i assume it's plastic of some sort, be it plexi, a cd cover, whatever, i remember a dude did that with lights under the case for his hard drive activity, so i'm assuming this dude did the same
i like how that looks, rather professional

#12 nx-neon

nx-neon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE (loveisweakness @ Jun 4 2003, 03:55 AM)
i cant say for sure myself but i assume it's plastic of some sort, be it plexi, a cd cover, whatever, i remember a dude did that with lights under the case for his hard drive activity, so i'm assuming this dude did the same
i like how that looks, rather professional

definately clean and professional. That's what i like heh.. is there a tut or some shit for how to do this and what to use? Thanks
d

#13 nachonut

nachonut

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 03:23 AM

Check your solder points, i'm going to open up my xbox right now and take some new pics so it could be an offical tut.

#14 nachonut

nachonut

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 04:00 AM

Nice job jammi, glad you like the network led

#15 Took_The_Red_Pill

Took_The_Red_Pill

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 08:46 AM

nice and easy tute... good job man! beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users