• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 metaljay

metaljay

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:28 PM

hi, had my xbox 360 updated with a firmware so could play my backups, i d.c frm xbl when i heard you could get banned, i am unable to reflash my drive, so am stuck with the current firmware, so my problem is, once halo 3, or gta come out, how will i be able to play the game? will it not brick my drive? as the game will likely have an update, i dont care about playing online, more just playing the game, so if i keep my firmware the same, will i be able to play halo 3 and my backups just not online?

thanks if any 1 can help,

btw tried searching but cudnt find owt either
there is no way i can reflash my firmware, so im stuck with this one, i had it flashed just before the ixtreme 1st came out, my question was, will i be able to play halo3,gta etc...with a modded xbox, or will the updates that are on the game, stop me from doing so?

#2 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:42 PM

Right now MS is not stopping the box from playing any games... you may get banned from live however. Make sure you are backup up your own games properly and it will greatly reduce the risk.

If you explain how you are backing up your games, we can see if there is anything you need to change to be safer.

#3 metaljay

metaljay

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:54 PM

thx 4 the reply bro

erm i dnt intend 2 back up gta, i wud just lyk 2 no once i buy the games, will it not allow me 2 play them if i dnt update?

e.g with the psp firmware, u cant play a game untill u update to the specific firmware, would this happen with ms?

#4 gaming fanboy

gaming fanboy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:friends n family, gaming, technology
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE(metaljay @ Aug 10 2007, 06:30 PM) View Post

thx 4 the reply bro

erm i dnt intend 2 back up gta, i wud just lyk 2 no once i buy the games, will it not allow me 2 play them if i dnt update?

e.g with the psp firmware, u cant play a game untill u update to the specific firmware, would this happen with ms?

yes depending on which update is on the disk itself. so if you haven't updated for a few months, the odds are they will have a new update on teh disk that you will need to play it. pop.gif

#5 metaljay

metaljay

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE(gaming fanboy @ Aug 10 2007, 06:51 PM) View Post

yes depending on which update is on the disk itself. so if you haven't updated for a few months, the odds are they will have a new update on teh disk that you will need to play it. pop.gif

which will stop me from playing backups? or something else?

#6 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:04 AM

QUOTE(metaljay @ Aug 10 2007, 04:24 PM) View Post

which will stop me from playing backups? or something else?

No it wont.

#7 metaljay

metaljay

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:36 AM

brilliant, thx guys, quick repsonses 2 biggrin.gif

thx again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users