#1 nanolimit

nanolimit

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:16 PM

Hello,

-TLDR version-
Lost power while trying to hotswap, cd-rom in the xbox now won't read CD's. While trying to hotswap now the hard drive will either say its locked (no matter what method I try) or it see's that its either and doesn't do anything with it.
-TLDR version-

We'll I finally decided to mod my xbox after much harassment to packup the rest of my consoles, And now it seems im having nothing but bad luck.
To start:

I've downloaded the xboxhd(1.9), and Ndure 3.0 packages. Followed the instructions step by step and made my bootable CD. Pulled apart my xbox to get at the harddrive.
Then nothing seem to work as-per the guide! To try and unlock the hard drive I started a game of halo 1, then hotswapped to my PC. Hard drive is locked! so I go back and restart trying an audio cd. But now my xbox is giving an error 12!
About 30 minutes later the error 12 has gone away, I can start the xbox but now my cd-rom doesn't work! It says every cd I put in it is unreadable.

Well I figured maybe since I lost power during the second hotswap some files related to the cd-rom might have been wiped? no biggie I think!

So I continue to try and hotswap, it either says the drive is lock/ Or it will see the drive but when I type xboxhd it says there is nothing there.

Also when I try to view the xbrowser it see's the hard drive, but says their is no partitions?
Just as a quick note also, the hard drive seems to work in the xbox. I can view saved game files and such. its just the cd-rom that won't load anything

If this infomation helps:

K: 5838
I: 5960
Australian PAL

Any help would be great! and I hope that made sence!

Edited by nanolimit, 11 August 2007 - 03:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users