#1 darkshadow

darkshadow

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:46 AM

I don't care about games much but would like some hd-media player and it seems like Bluray is going to win the war there are still some stuff hddvd exclusive that I really want so I would like both.

I have heard that ps3 Linux is crippled in the graphics area so would that be a problem.

I planned on this method https://help.ubuntu..../BluRayAndHDDVD to play the hddvd's Well I understand it is not perfect I believe it will get better over time.

Also for after the disks are ripped if I store them on my desktop (bigger hard drive) will my 54g network be fast enough at streaming to watch them or will I have to use cat5 cables to get it faster.

More general what all is crippled in the PS3 when running Linux other then the graphics driver.

#2 mlmadmax

mlmadmax

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:54 AM

I don't think this will be possible on the PS3 running linux, playing a hd-dvd would need acces to the rsx and at the moment it is disabled.

If you can get it to work though that would be pretty cool.

Good luck

#3 darkshadow

darkshadow

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:11 AM

Thanks for the info, I hope Sony will give us full access to the rsx it would be a easy sale of a PS3 to me. But for now I will give up on getting some hd-media in my house until I can do it for a price I like. Maybe the format war will be over by then and I will only need one type.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users