• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 sicknasty413

sicknasty413

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Interests:Modding... video games... eating... sleeping... computers... and those things we call women.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:53 PM

Yup.. Got my first car!

As the title says, it's a 1978 Oldsmobile Omega.

I personally have yet to take it for a spin, but my father drove it back from my grandfathers.. got the car for $1000. Only ~91000 miles on it. My father said it drives pretty well.

The paint needs some touching up. My grandfather got it repainted, but my father and I assume he just took it so some friend's place and got a shitty paint job. The interior needs some work as well. The upholstery needs some work, the plastic and leather need to be repainted/redone, the rear view mirror needs to be reattached/I need to get a new one, the side view mirrors need to be fixed or replaced, and it needs to be steam cleaned.

Oh yeah... the AC doesn't work. lol. I'll also be need a new radio.. and probably speakers.. blah

Other then that though, it's a pretty damn nice car for being almost 30 years old... I should probably get a license though. hahaha

Here are some pictures smile.gif

The exterior-
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

The engine-
IPB Image

The interior-
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

The trunk-
IPB Image

The ghetto placement of the gas tank valve.. whatever you call it-
IPB Image

My keys.. yes, plural-
IPB Image

Wallpaper worthy shots by yours truly-
IPB Image
IPB Image

Any advice, comments, whatever.. throw 'em at me

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

#2 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:22 PM

Nice, I'm gonna learn to drive next year then ill be 21 n my pay will go up due to minimum wage n ill be able to afford it.

I want a volkswagen beetle classic as my first car XD. Or something of the like.

Edited by bucko, 14 August 2007 - 01:23 PM.

#3 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:47 PM

Cool. I'm trying to find something decent for when I turn 17, but finding something that doesn't kill me on insurance is going to be a pain mad.gif

How much are you expecting to pay to insure that?

#4 blame canada

blame canada

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:04 PM

Still doesn't beat my deal of $800 on a 84' mustang w/ 60k miles biggrin.gif

However, that car still looks nice, and if cleaned and pimped, could be pretty badass tongue.gif

#5 garver

garver

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:28 PM

Nice looking car for being 30 years old...My first was a 82 chevy 1500...Now I drive a 98 trans am Ws6.

#6 Boiker

Boiker

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:48 PM

I got a 1997 Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.25 as my first car.

It's dark blue, alloys, clean grey interior and goes pretty quick for something its size. I've timed 0-60 as 11 seconds from standing. Rolling in second gear at around 3500 RPM it'll pick up and get to 60 in no time biggrin.gif

Insurance is 1000 a year on it and the car is worth about 900-1000 so it's a good cheap car to get as your first and isn't actually that slow compared to some other cars.

I'm going to uni in about 2 months so when I'm done there I'm thinking of a 2001-2003 Audi S3 love.gif

#7 xboxgamer733

xboxgamer733

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:08 PM

Cool, kind of reminds me of my first car, a 1981 Chevy Citation (probably because they're both X-bodies). Do you know what size engine is in your car?

QUOTE(sicknasty413 @ Aug 14 2007, 06:29 AM) View Post
Oh yeah... the AC doesn't work. lol.
Hopefully, it just needs to be recharged, or it will be fairly expensive to repair. Did your grandpa ever switch it to use R-134a?

When I was barely 17 and beginning to driving my Citation, my insurance per year was $465 through USAA (for only liability). It seems like yours shouldn't be too expensive, either. smile.gif

#8 sicknasty413

sicknasty413

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Interests:Modding... video games... eating... sleeping... computers... and those things we call women.

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE(bucko @ Aug 14 2007, 08:58 AM) View Post

Nice, I'm gonna learn to drive next year then ill be 21 n my pay will go up due to minimum wage n ill be able to afford it.

I want a volkswagen beetle classic as my first car XD. Or something of the like.

A volkswagen beetle classic!?!? Why?!?! lol!!

QUOTE(deadparrot @ Aug 14 2007, 09:23 AM) View Post

Cool. I'm trying to find something decent for when I turn 17, but finding something that doesn't kill me on insurance is going to be a pain mad.gif

How much are you expecting to pay to insure that?

Not sure. My dad is hoping around ~$100 a month.. hopefully cheaper.

QUOTE(blame canada @ Aug 14 2007, 09:40 AM) View Post

Still doesn't beat my deal of $800 on a 84' mustang w/ 60k miles biggrin.gif

However, that car still looks nice, and if cleaned and pimped, could be pretty badass tongue.gif

Hellz yeah. I'm probably going to get some chrome 18s (Ehh... I'm 16.. what do you expect? lol). I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. I mean, the blue on the outside is decent.. just needs some touching up. But the blue on the inside.. ewwww. I kinda wanna go beige or black on the interior with a black paint job.. but idk.. that's shellin' out a lot of moneys.

QUOTE(xboxgamer733 @ Aug 14 2007, 01:44 PM) View Post

Cool, kind of reminds me of my first car, a 1981 Chevy Citation (probably because they're both X-bodies). Do you know what size engine is in your car?

Hopefully, it just needs to be recharged, or it will be fairly expensive to repair. Did your grandpa ever switch it to use R-134a?

When I was barely 17 and beginning to driving my Citation, my insurance per year was $465 through USAA (for only liability). It seems like yours shouldn't be too expensive, either. smile.gif

That's pretty cheap!

My dad thinks it may just need to be recharged.. we're gonna take it somewhere to get it checked out.

Thanks for all the comments guys!

Anyway, I took the car out for a spin! It runs fairly decent I suppose. It actually stalled out on me twice. lol. It also makes some funny noises. lol. Well see though.

Edited by sicknasty413, 14 August 2007 - 06:54 PM.

#9 killerbootsman

killerbootsman

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:sports music xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:40 PM

That almost compares to my 1985 Volvo 740 with 225,000 miles on it tongue.gif I'm currently working full time, trying to save up for something with a little more spunk.

#10 xboxhackern00b

xboxhackern00b

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Interests:whooping ass on xbl

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:24 PM

Doesn't look in too bad of condition, if you do get some rims get a blue lip the same color of the car

#11 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:04 AM

That thing looks darn clean for the age. Could be a very pimp ride.

#12 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE(xboxgamer733 @ Aug 14 2007, 06:44 PM) View Post

Keep in mind though that us folks with USAA are spoiled with our rates and most people won't have access to them.

#13 yaazz

yaazz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:01 PM

100 bucks a month would be nice when I was 16...... I was paying around 300cdn/month when I was that age....

#14 coldasice

coldasice

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 05:48 PM

That car has potential man. Does it have the Buick 231 V6, or the Oldmobile 260 V8?

#15 sicknasty413

sicknasty413

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:54 PM

I have no idea^

I'm teh noob when it comes to cars.

I tried looking.. I had no idea where to look.

My father says it has a V6 though..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users